Asking for guidance on my first hair transplant

Hey guys, just looking for some direction on my current situation. I am looking at my first hair transplant as I've exhausted my other options, I've tried PRP, Minoxidil and Finasteride. Finasteride worked wonders for me however after some time of use I developed intolerable side effects such as increase BP and chest pain, the sides were not worth it. That leads me to my first question, since I can't use finasteride what kind of results would I expect from a hair transplant, I assume that at some point my transplanted hair would affected by DHT and back to or close to square one? 

Second question, I am a NW3V and require approx. 3500 grafts. Any recommendations for someone who is on a budget of max $8000USD?

Photos on this thread 

Thanks

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@Dave7 can I ask how old you are and when did your hair loss begin? You will need a very good donor as your hair loss will progress over the life span. I wouldn't be choosing surgery based on a budget but on patient results. Even if $8k covers a first surgery then you will still need more for a second. It's probably better to research on this forum and save up. All the best.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GRVJR83 said:

Dave,

I recommend you head to Istanbul Turkey and get yourself a good ol FUE or DHI procedure. I'm headed there myself early next month for my second transplant. My first transplant was in fort Lauderdale Florida FUT procedure which I don't recommend because it leaves a linear scar and USA prices are insanely high. I paid $7000 USD and that was with a law enforcement discount. You can receive a good procedure for about $1500 - $5000 USD in Turkey. You can choose not to take finasteride afterwards but the transplant is an investment & you'll be risking it potentially. Maybe the specific finasteride you were taking wasn't a good one for ya? Was it prescribed by your doctor? Anywho check out my video on YouTube where I cover a lot of ground talking about it. I hope this helps! 🙏

https://youtu.be/oJukrae-r5c?si=YkRHUEEds6A0gsEI

Go to turkey to get the barber shop hairline lol... And after doing research and research and more research you came up with aisha hair, asli tarcan, estenova, now hairtime, vera clinic as potential clinics. These are the worst hairmills in turkey my man. This is some of their results:

These are only some examples of their work. If you do your research for the other clinics you mentioned like vera clinic, esenova, now f§ck time you will find even worse results from these.

You say you had an fut with eric b****n and if this is true this is probably the worst choice of a doctor in usa that you could ever do because this doc doesnt perform fut with today standards but mini grafts a procedure from the 90s with really bad and unnatural results. Couple years ago the guy had a mental breakdown and started playing jesus christ live on youtube.

From brother to brother i would ask you to remove your video from youtube because your statements for the clinics and the research you have done are completely false and you might do wrong to somebody else who is looking to have a hairtransplant.

Edited by jjalay
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GRVJR83 said:

Dave,

I recommend you head to Istanbul Turkey and get yourself a good ol FUE or DHI procedure. I'm headed there myself early next month for my second transplant. My first transplant was in fort Lauderdale Florida FUT procedure which I don't recommend because it leaves a linear scar and USA prices are insanely high. I paid $7000 USD and that was with a law enforcement discount. You can receive a good procedure for about $1500 - $5000 USD in Turkey. You can choose not to take finasteride afterwards but the transplant is an investment & you'll be risking it potentially. Maybe the specific finasteride you were taking wasn't a good one for ya? Was it prescribed by your doctor? Anywho check out my video on YouTube where I cover a lot of ground talking about it. I hope this helps! 🙏

Go to turkey to get the barber shop hairline lol... And after doing research and research and more research you came up with aisha hair, asli tarcan, estenova, now hairtime, vera clinic as potential clinics. These are the worst hairmills in turkey my man. This is some of their results:

These are only some examples of their work. If you do your research for the other clinics you mentioned like vera clinic, esenova, now f§ck time you will find even worse results from these.

You say you had an fut with b****n and if this is true this is probably the worst choice of a doctor in usa that you could ever do because this doc doesnt perform fut with today standards but mini grafts a procedure from the 90s with really bad and unnatural results. Couple years ago the guy had a mental breakdown and started playing jesus christ live on youtube.

From brother to brother i would ask you to remove your video from youtube because your statements for the clinics and the research you have done are completely false and you might do wrong to somebody else who is looking to have a hairtransplant.

Edited just now by jjalay

• Like 1

I hairtransplant without finasteride is totally reasonable if the donor area is good and you dont have a lot of miniaturization in the donor area. From the pictures you have posted your donor area looks strong and a ht is definitely advisable. WIth your budget you can consider clinics like fuecapilar in turkey, HDC in cyprus, dr. laorwong in thailand, these are all great options.

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
8 hours ago, GRVJR83 said:

Dave,

This is poor advice (finasteride aside).

In your video you say that you're more likely to get "natural" results in the US with a soft hairline using singles hairs, which is half true (you'll get that if you choose a good clinic, but not by default), but you say it as though it's a bad thing.

In 99% of clinics in Turkey you'll get a hairline that is too linear, lacks irregularity and has thick, pluggy looking multigraft hairs in the hairline as well as that ridiculous sloping down temple corner angle thing that looks like a stencil of a seagull mid-flight was used to draw the hairline. Turkey, for the most part, is a terrible cesspit for HT's. There's maybe half a dozen decent options in Turkey out of well over 500 clinics. Not great odds.

You have very dark hair and darker skin so less hair/skin contrast - you might just be able to get away with such a hairline. On most guys though it'll look as ridiculous as we often see on these forums.

There are clinics that are both affordable and can produce natural looking results in places like India & Thailand, as well as more mid-range pricing in Europe.

• Like 2

@Gatsby Noticed hair loss in my early 20s, I am 37. What do you mean by needing a very good donor?

@jjalay Thanks for the advice. My experience so far has told me to stay away from hair mills as you don't know who you will get on the day, its a gamble and your your head is on display for your lifetime.

@Berba11 Are you able to recommend doctor and clinic names from the locations you mentioned? Thanks.