History of this site?

Pat, the "I hate this site" topic lead to this post. When and how was this site and forum started? Did you start it, Pat? What is the story behind it all? This site has, literally, saved numerous people from tragedy. I am deeply indebted to you, Pat, and all who were instrumental in developing this site, as well as the m embers who post here.

In addition to being a patient of Dr. Hasson, I act as the legal counsel for Hasson and Wong.

Pat, the "I hate this site" topic lead to this post. When and how was this site and forum started? Did you start it, Pat? What is the story behind it all? This site has, literally, saved numerous people from tragedy. I am deeply indebted to you, Pat, and all who were instrumental in developing this site, as well as the m embers who post here.

In addition to being a patient of Dr. Hasson, I act as the legal counsel for Hasson and Wong.

• Administrators

Jontew,

About 7 years ago I was a class 5a living under a "hair system" (see my experience with photos here). I lucked out in finding a great surgeon and ended up doing 3 follicular unit surgeries with Dr. Ron Shapiro, back when this quality procedure was very rare.

I then put up a crude web site back in the early days of the internet sharing my experience. Inevitably people started emailing and calling me to ask where they could find a similar surgeon in their area.

Thus began our online community - from one happy patient and one great doctor to hundreds of happy patients sharing info and dozens of great doctors.

It really has been the classic story of "turning a lemon into lemonade".

Thanks for asking. Pat the "Recovering Bald Guy" and now publisher of this site.

Sharing our ideas and photos is what keeps this site real. Please participate by posting and replying.

And for one on one advise visit our "Hair Mentor" program on the Home page.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Congratualtions! You are to be commended for creating and maintaining such a site. I have felt for years that hair rplacement/restoration were mainly shucksters like you see on TV, even to the point that I was going to ask my family doctor on my next visit if their are any "real" clinics, etc. Before I was able to do so, I found this site and have been immensly educated and it has allowed me to aviod making a potentially devistating mistake (MHR).

Keep up the god work!

Al Thompson icon_smile.gif

What makes this site so unique and necessary, IMO, is that hair transplantation is, by its nature, usually a very private matter, nothing you're likely to discuss in public. So, even doctors (non-HT) don't have much information readily available. They can recommend a good heart or plastic surgeon, but ask them for a great HT doc and they give you a blank stare. And those people who have had HT's, particularly good ones, don't talk much about it -- that's kind of the point, right? You don't want anyone to know it's been done. Thus, this site is so necessary to inform those starved for information otherwise unavailable.

I wish I had found this site before I was mislead and butchered by MHR. It would have saved my once normal life. They are masters of deception and mistruths, even the Dr, took a major part in the deception had I only known then what I do now I would have waited or gone to a real Dr,like Shapiro or Rose.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens