Can‘t decide - How would you rate these doctors in comparison?

Hey guys,

my plan is to restore the receding hairline, lower it a bit and to create temple points that suit my face. It‘s roughly about 3k grafts that I’ll need for this procedure. My donor estimation according to two well-known surgeons which I met in person is between 7 and 8k grafts. I like Koniors and Ahmads work the most, but they‘re too expensive for me.

How do you feel about the following surgeons?

• Couto
  • Ferreira
  • Sethi
  • Pekiner

Are those four all on the same level quality wise? Is it the same category? Which one would you personally choose and why? Is there one you wouldn‘t go with or who is not on equal level quality wise?

Thanks in advance

• Administrators

Sounds like you need a lot of grafts, only Dr. Sethi does big numbers. You might wanna consider Dr. Pittella and Dr. Zarev, as they both do large cases. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you for your answer Melvin. I‘m Norwood 3 according to the surgeons I already had contact with. My crown is still completely covered with hair. I’m on medication and was able to almost stabilize my hair loss. I always thought Zarev an Pittella usually are rather great choices for higher Norwoods (4/5+). 

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, chocolate cake said:

Thank you for your answer Melvin. I‘m Norwood 3 according to the surgeons I already had contact with. My crown is still completely covered with hair. I’m on medication and was able to almost stabilize my hair loss. I always thought Zarev an Pittella usually are rather great choices for higher Norwoods (4/5+). 

Why would you need 7k-8k grafts as a Norwood 3?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, chocolate cake said:

I’ll probably need about 3k grafts. They estimated my donor capacity (that’s what I meant with donor estimation, I forgot to mention this important word, please excuse) around 7-8k grafts. 

Ahhh that makes sense. Personally, I went to Dr. Sethi, you can see my results. That said, I am a big fan of Couto. His results are insane. Though, the wait list is a few years. 

• Like 1

View my thread

35 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Ahhh that makes sense. Personally, I went to Dr. Sethi, you can see my results. That said, I am a big fan of Couto. His results are insane. Though, the wait list is a few years. 

Yeah I‘ve seen it, congratulations! A marathon that was worth it. Dr. Sethi is producing great results. 
It’s true Couto has an enormous wait list, but there is probably no better proof of quality as a very long wait list. I also think he has amazing results and I‘d prefer a great result over a quick solution. 

How do you feel about Ferreira and Pekiner? They have long wait lists as well and are booked more than solidly, but not nearly as long as Couto. I guess it’s because in public perception, they haven‘t yet reached this luminary status Couto has. But it seems they‘re catching up, they’re cheaper and maybe quite close though in terms of quality.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, chocolate cake said:

Yeah I‘ve seen it, congratulations! A marathon that was worth it. Dr. Sethi is producing great results. 
It’s true Couto has an enormous wait list, but there is probably no better proof of quality as a very long wait list. I also think he has amazing results and I‘d prefer a great result over a quick solution. 

How do you feel about Ferreira and Pekiner? They have long wait lists as well and are booked more than solidly, but not nearly as long as Couto. I guess it’s because in public perception, they haven‘t yet reached this luminary status Couto has. But it seems they‘re catching up, they’re cheaper and maybe quite close though in terms of quality.

They’re both excellent surgeons. Have nothing negative to say about either. 

• Like 1

View my thread