At the 2 month post HT mark, do you need to worry about anything besides sunburn?

So my anxiety has kind of been running rampant and I’m taking all these precautions 2 months post HT because im just so paranoid and really really want a good result…. I know grafts are permanent within a couple weeks, but of course sun can still damage them up to 6 months post surgery according to some clinics, including my clinic. I won’t step outside without a hat, but I’ve also been so worried about anything that can even have the slightest possibility of irritating my scalp…. I won’t even let my dog touch my pillow for example. I get worried if something comes in contact with one of my hats or pillows and it touches my scalp, I feel like I’m kinda going crazy. Can I take a chill pill and just wear a hat outside, or is my paranoia justified at all? Is it verified that NOTHING can damage grafts this long after surgery besides sunburn? 

Thank you. 

12 minutes ago, Savemyhairline said:

So my anxiety has kind of been running rampant and I’m taking all these precautions 2 months post HT because im just so paranoid and really really want a good result…. I know grafts are permanent within a couple weeks, but of course sun can still damage them up to 6 months post surgery according to some clinics, including my clinic. I won’t step outside without a hat, but I’ve also been so worried about anything that can even have the slightest possibility of irritating my scalp…. I won’t even let my dog touch my pillow for example. I get worried if something comes in contact with one of my hats or pillows and it touches my scalp, I feel like I’m kinda going crazy. Can I take a chill pill and just wear a hat outside, or is my paranoia justified at all? Is it verified that NOTHING can damage grafts this long after surgery besides sunburn? 

Thank you. 

Can’t damage the grafts this long after surgery. Should avoid overexposure to the sun to allow the redness to subside and of course don’t get sunburned. Other than that you should be good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its not that you are not allowed to go outside in the sun without a hat. You should avoid overexposure to the sun, especially in the sommer with high temperatures or in the beach, cause this may cause a sunburn. Other than that you really dont need to wear a hat all the time, two months after surgery.

Thanks all… I think my anxiety got a bit worse when I read someone got like a perm or something within the year and said it could’ve harmed their HT, so my mind starting going off and thinking I wonder if there are other things that can harm a HT

im a hat guy anyway and 2 months is ugly duckling phase, and I’m very fair skinned so I should be wearing a hat outside regardless when it’s sunny.