What a day - Over 15 hour FUT w/ Dr. Konior | ~3,100 grafts | 38 yrs old | Oct. 25th 2023

WalterWhite

3 minutes ago, Calihome1 said:

Curious to hear everyone’s thoughts on FUT here.  Typically fue is better when restructuring temples bc you can use thinner singles from nape and behind the ears. 

You are wrong about this fue myth. With fut you also take graft from the sides and if the clinic know how to do this right they are able to split grafts to create more soft single grafts for the temples and the hairline.

26 minutes ago, jjalay said:

You are wrong about this fue myth. With fut you also take graft from the sides and if the clinic know how to do this right they are able to split grafts to create more soft single grafts for the temples and the hairline.

I don’t think it’s a myth as many top docs have stated they utilize certain areas via fue for grafts going into temples.  Nape, behind ears, etc….

9 minutes ago, Calihome1 said:

I don’t think it’s a myth as many top docs have stated they utilize certain areas via fue for grafts going into temples.  Nape, behind ears, etc….

Most of these doctors dont perform fut though.

Thank you @Gatsby and @Calihome1!

@Calihome1 good question on the temples. For what it’s worth, it appeared before my shed that the grafts added to my temple were a little finer than in other areas but I’m not sure how that would have been accomplished with FUT

Wasn’t familiar with the hair splitting technique @jjalay was referencing, but if they did that and it gives me a natural look I’ll be happy!

My main reason for FUT was to maximize my future potential donor area as I have some crown thinning and may need a future procedure to fill in my crown (although I’m seeing some good progress from meds alone thus far).

Edited by WalterWhite
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, WalterWhite said:

Thank you @Gatsby and @Calihome1!

@Calihome1 good question on the temples. For what it’s worth, it appeared before my shed that the grafts added to my temple were a little finer than in other areas but I’m not sure how that would have been accomplished with FUT

Wasn’t familiar with the hair splitting technique @jjalay was referencing, but if they did that and it gives me a natural look I’ll be happy!

My main reason for FUT was to maximize my future potential donor area as I have some crown thinning and may need a future procedure to fill in my crown (although I’m seeing some good progress from meds alone thus far).

I would choose Konior in a heartbeat if it wasn’t for price.  His designs are beautiful and gets so much density from limited grafts it’s amazing.  You’ll look 10-15 years younger 😁

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Calihome1 said:

I would choose Konior in a heartbeat if it wasn’t for price.  His designs are beautiful and gets so much density from limited grafts it’s amazing.  You’ll look 10-15 years younger 😁

Fingers crossed! Currently in the heart of the “ugly duckling” phase, so really appreciate the kind words. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...