Starting topical Minoxidil/Finasteride two months post hair transplant

Hi everyone,

I have a question about using topical Minoxidil/Finasteride post hair transplant (I have never used them before).

I have read that when first using Minoxidil hair can shed for a few months before growing again. Is it safe to start to use a topical blend of Minoxidil/Finasteride two to three months post op on the recipient area or should I wait? Is there a risk it will interfere with the new hair growth? 

3 hours ago, zlasevom said:

Hi everyone,

I have a question about using topical Minoxidil/Finasteride post hair transplant (I have never used them before).

I have read that when first using Minoxidil hair can shed for a few months before growing again. Is it safe to start to use a topical blend of Minoxidil/Finasteride two to three months post op on the recipient area or should I wait? Is there a risk it will interfere with the new hair growth? 

I had a reaction to topical minox years ago but according to the advice of others, I believe that it’s better to let the  hair do it’s thing first and then after 10-12 months then try minox to boost growth. Shedding is part of the process with minox.

I am 3 and a half months post op and use fin about 3 4 times a week and also a biotin- saw palmetto supplement.