Longevita Istanbul - 3000 grafts

WayneN

Hi there,

Looking for advice on what is undoubtedly a poor result from Longevita Istanbul. 

The overall procedure was overall quite traumatic and I’ve been patiently waiting the results, knowing that it most likely won’t get much better. 

Surgery was done in December 2022, lack of research and knowledge would’ve told me not to have gone ahead with it, but now I’m weighting up options to repair or conceal what is low density and multi grafts in the hairline. I’ve been growing my hair out, but prefer to push my hair forward to conceal the hairline as it looks too much like a straight line. Particularly, the right side has lower density and doesn’t meet my hairline naturally. 

Have attached some images, last photo is prior to surgery. 

Appreciate any advice.

FFAF6F65-B21F-4AF3-BBFD-11967DF43951.jpeg

F6C73F94-5636-42F9-A8F6-89AFE1C4141B.jpeg

83FF10BF-BA21-412A-82AF-744D4DA03452.jpeg

33635337-A7FD-46FC-92A2-76A86B32BAFD.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

Hi Wayne,

Do you have any immediate post op photos - in particular, the high resolution ones the clinic would have taken? Or could you request them if you don't have them? Always more instructive to see exactly what's gone on with the high res post-ops.

You seem to have a good grasp of the issues you're facing; multi graft hairs, the hairline is probably too broad and aggressive, and too straight.

In these situations you have two options really as far as repair goes:

Option 1. conceal the bad work by using more grafts of the right type placed in front of the hairline & density added to weak areas

Option 2. have the bad work punched out again and essentially start over

There are pros and cons to each:

Option 1. Pros; usually "fixed" in one surgery & cheaper - most good surgeons will be able to do this for you. Cons; will use even more donor resources, won't address the shape of the hairline and will require bringing the hairline ever so slightly forward. Any grafts from the first surgery that have poor angles will remain as they are, but the unnaturalness of the hairline will be covered.

Option 2. Pros; hairline can be made to look as it should have been, will conserve donor resources and help restore your hairline back to a more improved version of the original that will age well, scarring from the punch-outs should be undetectable *if* and only if the work is done well/by the right hands (see 'cons' list!). Cons; expensive (!!!), will take a minimum of two surgeries to correct (often a small 3rd 'fine tuning' is needed), only a handful of really good surgeons who can do this to a high level (Feriduni is probably the best from the cases that we've seen, and the earliest in-person consultation you can get with him is mid-2025 at the moment).

All things being equal, option 2 is the best option in terms of getting you the hairline you should have had first time around in better hands. But it's not cheap (around £8-9 per graft punched out), takes more time, needs a couple of sessions.

I'd urge you not to act hastily. I know you'll be really keen to get this sorted but with repair cases, slow and steady wins the race. What I would say is that your hairline is far from the worst case I've seen, so if you can find a styling solution to tide you over in the meantime whilst you take stock and research your next moves, that will certainly help you.

Your hair looked great before and in my opinion you didnt need a hairtransplant. They have placed multigrafts on the hairline and thats why you have this doll looking effect.

YOu should start talking with doctors that do repair work to sortten this out. Bisanga, Lupanzula, Hattingen, are some of the many options you have. In your case i would prefer to add more single grafts to soften the hairline and conceal the multigrafts.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2023 at 10:52 PM, Berba11 said:

Hi Wayne,

Do you have any immediate post op photos - in particular, the high resolution ones the clinic would have taken? Or could you request them if you don't have them? Always more instructive to see exactly what's gone on with the high res post-ops.

You seem to have a good grasp of the issues you're facing; multi graft hairs, the hairline is probably too broad and aggressive, and too straight.

In these situations you have two options really as far as repair goes:

Option 1. conceal the bad work by using more grafts of the right type placed in front of the hairline & density added to weak areas

Option 2. have the bad work punched out again and essentially start over

There are pros and cons to each:

Option 1. Pros; usually "fixed" in one surgery & cheaper - most good surgeons will be able to do this for you. Cons; will use even more donor resources, won't address the shape of the hairline and will require bringing the hairline ever so slightly forward. Any grafts from the first surgery that have poor angles will remain as they are, but the unnaturalness of the hairline will be covered.

Option 2. Pros; hairline can be made to look as it should have been, will conserve donor resources and help restore your hairline back to a more improved version of the original that will age well, scarring from the punch-outs should be undetectable *if* and only if the work is done well/by the right hands (see 'cons' list!). Cons; expensive (!!!), will take a minimum of two surgeries to correct (often a small 3rd 'fine tuning' is needed), only a handful of really good surgeons who can do this to a high level (Feriduni is probably the best from the cases that we've seen, and the earliest in-person consultation you can get with him is mid-2025 at the moment).

All things being equal, option 2 is the best option in terms of getting you the hairline you should have had first time around in better hands. But it's not cheap (around £8-9 per graft punched out), takes more time, needs a couple of sessions.

I'd urge you not to act hastily. I know you'll be really keen to get this sorted but with repair cases, slow and steady wins the race. What I would say is that your hairline is far from the worst case I've seen, so if you can find a styling solution to tide you over in the meantime whilst you take stock and research your next moves, that will certainly help you.

Hi all, 

Thanks for your replies, I really appreciate it.

I've attached some images, post surgery.

Screenshot_20231023-195624_WhatsAppBusiness _1_.jpg

Screenshot_20231023-195630_WhatsAppBusiness _1_.jpg

Screenshot_20231023-195635_WhatsAppBusiness _1_.jpg

Screenshot_20231023-195642_WhatsAppBusiness _1_.jpg

• Valued Contributor

So yea the work is generally a bit crap. The hairline is super straight and linear with no irregularities and then they've lamely attempted to create irregularities but scattering some grafts in front of the already too linear hairline. It's just shoddy, unrefined work and the lack of single graft hairs compounds the issue and makes everything look a little more harsh.

You didn't need a HT, but the most any surgeon should have done is maybe fill in the temple corners just a bit - nice and subtle - whilst maintaining your natural V shape. No reason to add grafts in front of your forelock as that is quite full and strong. But what's done is done.

The lower density works in your favour if you decide to have the first few problem rows removed via FUE.

• 3 months later...

Hi all, 

Thanks for your advice on this issue. I really appreciate it. Just opening this up again, I inquired with Dr. Lupanzula and have attached the proposed procedure. I'm hoping to do it right, but unsure how many plugs are required for removal. I know each case is different, but just wondered an estimate of how many are usually removed? 

image.thumb.png.9c95b5e7f67cad127a3dc2f118732cc6.png

• Valued Contributor

How many grafts should be removed can't be answered from seeing your pics..that's the doctor's call..he will decide once you meet him personally but dr lupanzula is a good surgeon and he has done quite many repairs so i think he would do a good job on you too.

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Thanks, @A_4_Archan I had a feeling that would be the case. 

I'm just going through several options and have come across Eugenix. Through searching on here I've seen some successful results and wondered if this could be a good option? Either with Dr. Das or Dr Arika. 

Eugenix for a repair? If you see how many hits and misses they have had recently for procedures easier than a repair I would stay far away. Bisanga springs to mind as an excellent repair surgeon.