Alcohol before and after hair transplant

I’ve had 3 hair transplants and going for my 4th one next month….I have been advised  that I should not take alcohol a week before and after hair transplant.. I had 1 drink every day during my previous transplant days…  I had good results..My gut feeling and having 1 drink will not compromise on the immunity..would like to know  your inputs. Thanks 

• Valued Contributor

Abstaining from alcohol is so it doesn’t thin the blood. Of course one man’s idea of alcohol versus’ another man’s could be the difference between one light beer and a bottle of scotch. I’m not a doctor but I don’t believe one drink will hurt. In fact I had a scotch during my first procedure that ran for six days straight. As always though consult with your doctor. 👍

Thank you.I think alcohol withdrawal symptoms could be seen if a heavy drinker stops drinking alcohol for 1 week. Here in NY I have seen patients advised not to drink  alcohol 24-48 hours before orthopedic surgeries…. was just curious if a person is healthy and  having 1 drink during procedure dates will affect the results ??   But again as you said I will definitely follow my doctors advise. Thanks 

The blood also needs to properly coagulate post-op depending on the procedure.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY