How long after fue can i drink alcohol?

52 minutes ago, streethawk said:

My surgeon recommended 2 days- I went at it 4 days after but by no means follow my lead 😆 

Thanks for the info since i will be home for a while for the recovery looking to get a few drinks in to pass the time

Alcohol will reduce blood pressure initially, then increase it.

High blood pressure can pop out grafts for the first day or two, and low blood pressure probably isn't great in supplying nutrients to your new grafts after that point. Drinking excessively may increase the risk of banging your head or sleeping on the implanted grafts - both would be a bad plan.

My advice, look after your health and give your grafts a chance to thrive. 

Whether it'll make a massive difference is difficult to measure and up for debate.

Edited by BackFromTheBrink
  • Like 1

@diegoyrenny,

This is kind of a delicate topic because drinking alcohol could simply refer to a glass of wine with dinner and it can refer to drinking heavily, partying, passing out, blacking out, etc.  

Since the topic was brought up, I will simply say this. I strongly recommend avoiding any heavy drinking that could lead to passing out or blocking out in general because this can be a detriment to your overall health and well-being.  

regarding your hair transplant, yes drinking alcohol means having a glass of wine with dinner, I don’t see any problem with this practice even the night after surgery although, it’s probably better to go out yourself to heal for a couple of days before drinking any alcohol.

On the other hand, large quantities of alcohol that could lead to passing out or blacking out could be dangerous to your hair transplant within the first week.  Passing out or blacking out to the buyer is accompanied by stumbling, falling and potentially hitting your head if somebody isn’t looking out for you.   So while I strongly encourage you to avoid this type of drinking altogether, at the very least I would suggest avoiding this for at least a week so your transplanted hair is fully secured.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

15 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@diegoyrenny,

This is kind of a delicate topic because drinking alcohol could simply refer to a glass of wine with dinner and it can refer to drinking heavily, partying, passing out, blacking out, etc.  

Since the topic was brought up, I will simply say this. I strongly recommend avoiding any heavy drinking that could lead to passing out or blocking out in general because this can be a detriment to your overall health and well-being.  

regarding your hair transplant, yes drinking alcohol means having a glass of wine with dinner, I don’t see any problem with this practice even the night after surgery although, it’s probably better to go out yourself to heal for a couple of days before drinking any alcohol.

On the other hand, large quantities of alcohol that could lead to passing out or blacking out could be dangerous to your hair transplant within the first week.  Passing out or blacking out to the buyer is accompanied by stumbling, falling and potentially hitting your head if somebody isn’t looking out for you.   So while I strongly encourage you to avoid this type of drinking altogether, at the very least I would suggest avoiding this for at least a week so your transplanted hair is fully secured.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Just a couple of beers at home no excessive drinking