Strange reaction to ketoconazole 2%

wayek

Using the Nizoral 2% and noticed today when combing my hair that I'm getting these huge chunks of skin or some kind of residue coming off ... yikes!! 

My scalp feels okay though and I'm not showing any signs of dermatitis but it's like this stuff is over my entire scalp .. I don't leave it in longer than like 3 minutes 

anyone see this before?

IMG_20231010_170701.jpg

5 hours ago, wayek said:

Using the Nizoral 2% and noticed today when combing my hair that I'm getting these huge chunks of skin or some kind of residue coming off ... yikes!! 

My scalp feels okay though and I'm not showing any signs of dermatitis but it's like this stuff is over my entire scalp .. I don't leave it in longer than like 3 minutes 

anyone see this before?

IMG_20231010_170701.jpg

It looks like you have dandruff. If you dont notice any redness or pain after washing your hairs i think you should be ok though.

Thanks! there is no redness or pain but it seems to be causing the dandruff itself though ... I just use it once a week and that's the only time I get this stuff .. like almost a reverse effect of what it's supposed to do 

yeah you're probably right... this stuff isn't dry at all and still isn't after I scraped it off I just checked that pile of stuff from yesterday and it hasn't dried up and kindof does feel like the consistency of fat when I touch it. wouldn't dandruff or skin flakes be dry or eventually dry up? 

Hmm. So should I keep using this and just chalk that up to it doing what it should be?