How long is it safe to pause my Finasteride medication?

alexmillne

How long is it safe to pause my Finasteride medication without experiencing shedding and hair loss? I'm curious because there are instances when I forget to take it or run out of my supply. This has always been on my mind.

2 hours ago, alexmillne said:

How long is it safe to pause my Finasteride medication without experiencing shedding and hair loss? I'm curious because there are instances when I forget to take it or run out of my supply. This has always been on my mind.

Actuall it varies from person to person depending on the baldness pattern. After my first hair transplant in January 2020, I took finasteride for six months. From September 2020- Mid march 2023 I didn’t take any medicine. But it didn’t cause much damage. But generally What I've heard that stopping finasteride for three -four months should be okay.

1 hour ago, Shadman said:

Actuall it varies from person to person depending on the baldness pattern. After my first hair transplant in January 2020, I took finasteride for six months. From September 2020- Mid march 2023 I didn’t take any medicine. But it didn’t cause much damage. But generally What I've heard that stopping finasteride for three -four months should be okay.

seriously? Three-to four months? Where did you hear this figure? Seems like a long time

11 hours ago, alexmillne said:

seriously? Three-to four months? Where did you hear this figure? Seems like a long time

I already said it highly depends on the progression of the baldness. Over the years it has been stabilized or not. If your progression has slowed down, 3 months won't make much damage.