Resuming minoxidil after hair transplant ?

It's typically requested you stop using it for a week prior to the procedure to minimize bleeding at the time of the intervention. ย If you flood the field, the doctor will not be able to see what he's doing. ย Resuming the use of it will depend on the type.

Rogaine foam contains alcohol and will sting if you put it on top of open wounds immediately after the procedure. ย I would give it 3-4 days before doing so. ย The other types you can use right away. ย 

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration.ย 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.ย 

2 hours ago, Bald_Canuck said:

What is the reasoning for 3 months?

ย 

If scabs are gone, grafts are secured why wouldn't one want to use min to increase blood flow to the new grafts?

ย 

First of all, if the transplantation was done properly you don't need to apply topical minoxidil to increase blood flow. Moreover, after HT whether using tropical minoxidil can benefit the result or not this is another question.

I was recommended by the clinic not use any topical substances because at the end of the day, all these are chemicals. Personally I followed this, went for the oral minoxidil.ย 

Edited by Shadman