MY HAIRTRANSPLANT - IN 1 WEEK

MY HAIRTRANSPLANT - IN 1 WEEK

Hey guys

I'm scheduled for a hair transplant with Dr. Turan at Fuelipicar in one week and would appreciate advice from those who have undergone similar procedures.

1.) What preparations would you recommend for the consultation and the actual transplant? If you've had a hair transplant before, what questions or suggestions would you recommend discussing with the doctor?
2.) Is it a good idea to document my hair restoration journey with before and after photos or videos?
3.) Do you have any other valuable advice to share?

Thanks
Much appreciated!

No exercise a week before and a week after.  If you flood the field, the doctor can't see what he's doing.

Avoid anything that will make you bleed.

It's likely the clinic will give you some sort of post op kit for the after care.  Check in the bag so TSA doesn't take them.  Get a travel pillow

Good idea to take before procedure photos and update every 3 months to keep track of the progress.

What are you doing to mitigate the progressive nature of this condition?  Discuss with the doctor as needed.

I gather you're doing FUE?  What type,  What's the size of the punch?  If smaller than a .9mm it will leave a micro-scar which will not be detectable.  It is a robotic system or a manual one?

What will the doctor be doing during the procedure?  What will the techs do?

Travel light. If you exert yourself you can swell on or about the 3rd day.  This typically lasts a day or two.  Edema will travel down your face and drain at the neck.

What area(s) will they be working?  Do you know the graft count?  Do you know what pattern you're thinning into?

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

@alexmillne,

Well hopefully, you’ve already had your consultation because that’s  something that typically occurs long prior to the hair transplant in order for you to determine whether or not you wish to proceed with a particular surgeon and procedure. Personally, I’ve never heard of this doctor but hopefully you’ve done your due diligence in researching this physician and you are confident with the results they are regularly producing.

That said, be sure to follow your clinics preoperative instructions and you should be fine. Other than that, just make sure you get plenty of rest good night before surgery and eat well the night before. You don’t want to be fatigued on the day of your surgery.  Note that I’m not saying that this will affect the outcome or the results. It would just make for an uncomfortable and long day of surgery.

Best of luck,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

7 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@alexmillne,

Well hopefully, you’ve already had your consultation because that’s  something that typically occurs long prior to the hair transplant in order for you to determine whether or not you wish to proceed with a particular surgeon and procedure. Personally, I’ve never heard of this doctor but hopefully you’ve done your due diligence in researching this physician and you are confident with the results they are regularly producing.

That said, be sure to follow your clinics preoperative instructions and you should be fine. Other than that, just make sure you get plenty of rest good night before surgery and eat well the night before. You don’t want to be fatigued on the day of your surgery.  Note that I’m not saying that this will affect the outcome or the results. It would just make for an uncomfortable and long day of surgery.

Best of luck,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Hi! I need your advice. Yesterday, while cleaning my big windows, I accidentally hit my head on a corner, right where my donor hair is. Now there's a bruised and swollen spot. This happened on Tuesday, and I'm scheduled for a hair transplant next Wednesday. Do you think it will be okay with a one-week gap since my head bump? The spot is pretty small, less than 1 cm.

22 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@alexmillne,

Best of luck,

Rahal Hair Transplant

I'm feeling a bit anxious at the moment and wanted to share my recent experience. Last Tuesday, I accidentally bumped my head (donor area) against the sharp corner of a wooden frame window while cleaning them. By Wednesday, I could feel a small bruise developing, most likely a minor injury that will eventually scab over. It's probably quite small, measuring under 1cm.

Now, the reason for my concern is that exactly one week from today, I have scheduled my hair transplant procedure. I'm worried that this recent head injury might lead to complications during the surgery. Am I overreacting, or is there a real cause for concern? Will this injury have enough time to heal properly before my hair transplant? It is really extremely small. Barely noticaable. 

I would greatly appreciate any insights or advice you can offer. Thank you in advance for your help.

20230927_125017.jpg

20230927_134450.jpg

20230927_134416.jpg

20230927_134430.jpg

20230927_134437.jpg

spot 2.JPG

spot 3.jpg