Help me to understand the difference between those difference kind of topical carriers: liposomal, trichosol vs dmso

mr_peanutbutter

im trying to get an overview for myself and apparently there a quiet a few different carriers outthere...

trichosol: watery consistency. no alcohol. for that the absorption isnt increased and chances of going topical is less likely? apparently is very tame to the skin.

liposomal: Its a bit greasy and more oily texture wise. It contains alcohol. Some say its more effective the trichosol, allowing for lower concentrations. But then its also used as a carrier for topical dut with an relative high amount (xylon, parati) - wouldnt it be wise to use trichosol as a carrier for dut then? or is it because the dut molecul is so big you really need a carrier which increase absoprtion because otherwise dut wouldnt go through the top layer of the skin? so then liposomal carrier would be advisable for dut but not for finasteride?

dmso: dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO] is in minxodil and stemoxydine and also a carrier. it is what you use if you do your homemade minxodil / stemoxydine solution or oder from the companies who mix fin with minox. personally my scalp gets itchy when i use minox so i guess its from dmso so id rather avoid that..

do i have a forgotten a carrier?

and what kind of carriers where normally used in the studies* done on topical finasteride? would you have to adapt the dose if you would use a different carrier to see a similar effect?

thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...