What could have caused Cobblestone and Ridging issue?

In Mar this year i went thru a hair transplant in my home country Nepal. 2472 grafts were transplanted. Long story short i now have Cobblestone along with ridging and low density. (Check my other post for transplant picture) 

The below two photos are after 3 months and the third one is after 5 months. My recipient area seems to have healed perfectly during this time. No Cobblestone, no ridging. But after this i started noticing Cobblestone and Ridging.

Its been 6 months since the transplant and every single graft now has Cobblestone and Ridging issue. If i put my hand through the recipient area i can feel the area is slightly raised. Also the area gets red very easily even if i just put my hand through it. 

Would i be able to fix this if i remove all the hairs? Do you guys think my skin will go back to normal?

Any suggestions? 

TIA20230501_173157.thumb.jpg.b071bebc5721542cde9b5b64270b7094.jpg20230501_173156.thumb.jpg.c867216b5402b1b639bfd797710457d2.jpgIMG-20230823-WA0016.thumb.jpg.fa47da3d8d1a480c7ce098fba527dc24.jpg

Edited by gojnasv2

4 hours ago, gojnasv2 said:

The below two photos are after 3 months and the third one is after 5 months. My recipient area seems to have healed perfectly during this time. No Cobblestone, no ridging. But after this i started noticing Cobblestone and Ridging.

So the cobblestones only showed up after 5-6 months? It was all fine for the first few months?

• Valued Contributor

This looks like it could be folliculitis as it's quite red and angry looking. Need to speak to your surgeon.

I can't lie; work doesn't look great by any means and if it is cobblestoning then that would confirm the poor work.

Why is the density so low in your first two pics? Are you shaving the recipient area?

I remember telling you that FUEing out the cobblestoned grafts restored the underlying skin back to normal but mind you, it was in a very small patch. I am not sure if an area as big as your recipient can be extracted without further scarring. You may need to pick and choose the bad ones and let the others be. You need to the opinion of an expert, best in person. I'd say start with Eugenix. 

Btw I've also observed that the appearance of cobblestones gets better with time, hopefully that happens to you too. 

If you are ok losing the transplanted hair, you can explore the route of lasering them off, then few sessions of MNRF/laser resurfacing may help skin get back to normal. I'm guessing this would work based on my experience, I'm NOT an expert.

Also start wearing hats. At least until things get better. Wonder if there's any traditional Nepali headgear you can rock lol

Name and shame the clinic and the absolute butcher of a doctor.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @braun453

The first two pics are after 3 months which was during the ugly duckling phase. 

I hope the Cobblestone gets better with time but for now it's not looking like it. 

I am thinking of adding more grafts instead of losing the grafts as the donor supply is limited. 

I did this transplant in Nepal in a clinic called healthy choice. 

And thankyou for your suggestions. Means a lot. 

On 9/19/2023 at 7:30 PM, Berba11 said:

This looks like it could be folliculitis as it's quite red and angry looking. Need to speak to your surgeon.

I can't lie; work doesn't look great by any means and if it is cobblestoning then that would confirm the poor work.

Hi. Went to few gps. They don't have any idea. I have now booked a consultation with dermatologist.