Best clinics for medium cost FUT?

Hi all,

My hair loss has finally started getting to a point where I have to start planning for surgery. I have been able to hold off with the big three for the last 12 years, but at 37 years old my hairline has started to really climb up the last 6 months. I think this coincides with me hitting the gym and weightlifting, but I am not going to quit exercising to save my hair :)

Anyway, I had been looking at Bloxham for FUT, but I was wondering if anyone here can recommend any other surgeons that do good FUT work (including hairlines) that are moderately priced (i.e. $4/graft and under). I have diffuse thinning so I will need about 3000-3500 grafts for the frontal 3rd and I'm trying to max my donor while keeping my first surgery under 12-14k USD. I am willing to go overseas, but if I'm doing that I would prefer somewhere like Mexico or LatAm since I live in southern california and speak spanish. 

My long term plans are 2x FUT, then FUE until I have no more donor. I'm hoping this first surgery will give me 4-6 years before I need to do #2. This is not going to be one and done for me, since I am prob have a NW5-6 as my endstate (I have a lot of hair so I can get good coverage with styling, but most of it is diffuse).

Thanks!

On 9/17/2023 at 5:21 PM, BackFromTheBrink said:

Slightly left field question, but have you started to use creatine to help your recovery from the gym?

People debate whether it contributes to hair loss, but it certainly did for me.

I don’t understand.  There’s only 1 study which was allegedly debunked, however, tons of anecdotal evidence.  Referencing Creatine

5 hours ago, Calihome1 said:

I don’t understand.  There’s only 1 study which was allegedly debunked, however, tons of anecdotal evidence.  Referencing Creatine

Agreed. There's not much to understand in my post other than I stopped taking it because on to be 3 prolonged periods that I did, my hair loss seemed to accelerate. I was curious if you were taking it too.

22 hours ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Agreed. There's not much to understand in my post other than I stopped taking it because on to be 3 prolonged periods that I did, my hair loss seemed to accelerate. I was curious if you were taking it too.

I want to, but, stop myself based on stories like yours.  There are many….