DHI @Dr Serkan Aygin - Thoughts/ awareness/worst case

9 minutes ago, Jayhair said:

Yes i went to Yaman in Jan this year. 4700 grafts. Can't make a comment on my results yet but experience I'm relative happy. Will write full review in few months.

Happy growing, I hope you have good results. I look forward to reading your review. 

7 minutes ago, Jayhair said:

Are you planning to visit them? Happy to answer your questions. 

I am still debating whether I should do it or not. I am a high nw which probably will require two sessions if my donor area permits. my priority is covering the crown area rather than a hairline because I do buzz cut. 

what medication did you use before and after the surgery? did you have any complications during the healing process? 

5 minutes ago, berkserk said:

I am still debating whether I should do it or not. I am a high nw which probably will require two sessions if my donor area permits. my priority is covering the crown area rather than a hairline because I do buzz cut. 

what medication did you use before and after the surgery? did you have any complications during the healing process? 

I'm UK based so I spoke to 3 clinics in London and went to Istanbul to visit Yaman and Dr Gur and bounced Qs off them. Crown is part where it grows back the slowest. All consultations told me to take finasteride or no point doing HT as over long term i will lose more hair. Healing process after just red lumps on and itching .

21 minutes ago, Jayhair said:

I'm UK based so I spoke to 3 clinics in London and went to Istanbul to visit Yaman and Dr Gur and bounced Qs off them. Crown is part where it grows back the slowest. All consultations told me to take finasteride or no point doing HT as over long term i will lose more hair. Healing process after just red lumps on and itching .

how much were you quoted? and was there anything in particular that made you prefer Yaman over Gur?

Just now, berkserk said:

how much were you quoted? and was there anything in particular that made you prefer Yaman over Gur?

Went to Istanbul in Nov- spent 10 mins with Yaman and Doga ( person on Watsapp) and Gur I had him and 4 other ppl ( 1 intern)  for 20 mins then another 15 mins get to know with one of the person I spoke to on watsapp.

Gur pricing structure wasn't clear and told me the result where Dr Gur does 50% implantation and incision made no difference to results, what am paying for is his experience and it cost around $1000 more if I wanted DR Gur to get involved half the surgery, the hotel and pick up is extra cost. Plus I had 3/4 ppl speaking to me on watsapp, just too confusing.

Both wasn't sells on the consultation but felt genuine in their own way but Gurs watspp person did say to me they booked up until March next year but did say if he had a cancellation this week whilst im in the city he shall book me in if i wanted to go ahead, felt a bit odd when they told me to take my time etc.

I personally wanted to get it over and down with all off them I had my neg and positives on both but Yaman felt less Qs in my mind. London Drs was always a no go for me due to price about 5x Yaman and they wanted it done over 2 surgery over 6 months apart meaning I have to have 2 ugly duckling phrase.

@berkserk where are you based?

Posted (edited)

Yaman fix price $3250 Gur between $1.25-$1.75 per graft (i think) plus 200-$300 for hotel and pick up

Edited by Jayhair

1 minute ago, Jayhair said:

Yaman fix price $3250 Gur between $1.25-$1.75 per graft (i think) plus 200-$300 for hotel and pick up

I am based in California but I have family in Istanbul and I try to visit them once a year. What's Yaman's involvement during the whole surgery process?

4 minutes ago, berkserk said:

I am based in California but I have family in Istanbul and I try to visit them once a year. What's Yaman's involvement during the whole surgery process?

I'll start speaking to few of them then visit them to get a feel of them when you visit your family. Yaman done the incision. just poke holes on my scalp then he came in few times throughout as other mentions but am not aware what he saw did was 1/2 mins and spoke to the staff.

5 minutes ago, Jayhair said:

I'll start speaking to few of them then visit them to get a feel of them when you visit your family. Yaman done the incision. just poke holes on my scalp then he came in few times throughout as other mentions but am not aware what he saw did was 1/2 mins and spoke to the staff.

Thanks, that's helpful