Beginnings of male pattern baldness?

RikardNordman

Hello everyone

Hope I have posted this in the right area.

Been lurking around the forums for a while, it's a great place. So I thought I would ask a question.

I am 23 now, 24 in the summer. For the last 2 or 3 years I have noticed my hairline seems to have been the same. It's not straight it's the sort of hairline that goes in slightly at the sides. I have pretty light coloured hair and it is quite thin, but there is a fair amount of it.

On one side of my hairline there seems to be less hair than the other. Is this normal or is this the start of balding? I have quite a big forehead, which gives the impression that my hairline is receded. I asked my doctor about my hair line and he just says that my hairline is just "maturing". I don't know if this means, I am going to loose it all, or that, it's changing to a new shape and will stay that way for now?

I would really appreciate knowing what your thoughts are. I am worried. And why is that one side seems thinner than the other?

With regards to genetics. My father has lost a lot of hair. However, his father still has hair and my mothers father has a full head.

I have attached some pictures.

Many thanks

1.jpg.1b764c603c6b0871296947cab18df555.jpg

It does like like the early stages of MPB. It's not uncommon for the hair loss to be uneven at the temples, with one side appearing thinner or more recessed than the other.

Being at the beginning stage does mean that should you start to use finasteride, and perhaps minoxidil too, you do have a chance of keeping what you have, which I think is still a great head of hair. The thinning areas might even thicken up with both of those medications.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Hi Mattj

Thanks for the reply

Do you think it will just keep on going? Or will it stay this way for a while and then go?

The reason I ask is because this appears to happen to some people? For example actor Jonny Depp had a similar kind of hair line to mine very early on his career when he was young, and still has the same hairline now. Though I imagine he has the money to get every kind of medicine under the sun.

Rikard,

Noone can predict the future of hairloss. Its genes and luck...thats it. You have at least some genetic likelyhood for significant hairloss, but you may be lucky and never progress significantly.

I'd agree that considering medical intervention with your doctor's advice is something you may want to look into.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians