Finasteride hyper responder?

Kevin Mendez

I just want to share my personal experience since starting Finasteride earlier this year. Before starting it, I had kind of just given into the idea I was going to lose all my hair. I had been reluctant to try it before because of all the people who said they experienced side effects. But when I saw the my hair line really start disappear completely I didn’t like that and so I said why not give meds a shot. I had already had good success with minoxidil thickening my hair in the past but my hair loss continued since I wasn’t on an 5-ar inhibitor. 

I started off with a microdose so I could get comfortable with the idea of taking it and also not placebo myself. After about a month or 2 of upping the dose I reached a concentration of 0.025% using minoxidil, and a little extra PG and Alcohol as the solvent to add a bit more volume per dose and cover more of the scalp. That was early June. Fast forward 3 months later and I’ve seen great regrowth and thickness. I wasn’t even sure if it was going to retain what I had but I’m so, so glad I decided to hop on and only wished I had done it sooner. I’m attaching pics of my results thus far. I’m wondering if this is considered being a hyper responder, and if I can expect a little more growth? I know different length and lighting but those were the ones with the most comparable lighting.

B828AD31-66D1-451A-947C-B2FE5D485F8B.jpeg

9C4F1BA3-84EA-4398-82DE-4C9E7D455AA8.jpeg

235EFEF4-C747-4271-AE3D-067BD076F111.jpeg

E2356456-BFCF-4A18-A9C5-09895BD23961.jpeg

62D25118-1B95-4D82-8CA3-B1259D1E50A5.jpeg

Edited by Kevin Mendez