Flying home the day after surgery

During previous surgeries, I’ve always stayed 5+ days for cleaning and checkups. I have a small procedure of roughly 200 grafts and a 4 hour flight back home and wondering if there are any cons of leaving the day after surgery (outside of the obvious- don’t bump your head)? I probably wouldn’t be able to check in with my doctor before I leave if I go down this route.

• Valued Contributor

I had to leave the day after surgery after my first surgery. The reason being that it took six days back to back to carry out. Flying back was fine as long as you continue to spray the grafts as recommended by your doctor on the flight home which is no big deal. All the best!

• Like 1

I flew the day after surgery from Istanbul  back to the UK. I had no issues at all and managed to arrive home before the swelling on my head surfaced.

The cons flying on day 1 to day 3 or 4 don’t really alter. You’ve still got to be super careful you don’t bump your head. Obviously the later you leave it the more secure your grafts are. I still had a very good result however flying the next day so don’t that put your off. I much preferred being home asap for my recovery 

• Like 1