Am I a suitable candidate for full coverage?

Hi guys, 

I'm mid-40s, probably destined for a Norwood 7. Started Finasteride 0.25mg every other day and been on it a couple of weeks now. Thinking of starting Minoxidil too. I use Nizoral shampoo.

Would I be able to get full coverage of my scalp with transplants or have I left it too late? How many grafts would you estimate? I have a decent amount of chest hair and decent beard hair too. 

Thanks for all your help!

IMG_20230909_025858.jpg

IMG_20230909_025944.jpg

IMO topical minoxidil won’t do much at this point as you’re basically a clean NW6,  but you’re welcome to try it for 6 months and see if you think it does anything significant. I’d try and up the finasteride to 1mg/day if you can so you can hold off NW7. The good news is that your lateral humps appear strong from these pics and you might have a good donor area but hard to tell from these pics. I think if you got an appointment with Dr. Zarev the magician you could get full coverage, but iirc his wait list is 2 years currently. Dr Sethi may also be a good choice, especially being that you have beard hair to work with. I think with some patience you can get it done. As I mentioned Zarev is like a magician and somehow does high Norwoods in one session with great coverage, he’d be a top choice for your case if you can wait

• Like 1

You’re mid 40s, it’s safe to say very little hairloss is coming your way. Why subject your body to medication? I seriously doubt they will do anything but thicken few hairs. Not worth it. 

Edited by Turkhair
  • Like 1