Please tell me this is normal at 12 weeks

Hey guys, I'm 12 weeks out from surgery and there are these persistent gaps in my hairline that are bugging me. Is this normal at this time point?

It seems like most of the grafts on the right have come in, just very wispy. On the left it's more like 80-85%. Did any of you have similar situations? And did it work out?

I've been trying to stay away from the forums during the healing as this place gets me a bit too much in my head but I just wanted your thoughts on this. If it is abnormal, anything I can do to help it along? Have any of you tried PRP post op?

image.thumb.png.b4a2dd33d6962c4fe31d8acf4d9e94da.png

image.thumb.png.3c4b39219104c97b946fb100e71e9d81.png

• Valued Contributor

@consequence

At 12 weeks you would have ended your shedding phase so you can't expect anything as of now

When undergoing a hair transplant, it's crucial to understand the distinct stages involved. Initially, there's a phase where most of the transplanted hairs naturally shed, typically occurring within the first three months post-procedure. Following this shedding phase, the growth stage begins, during which you'll gradually observe the emergence of new hair.

Throughout the growth phase, it's important to acknowledge that the rate of hair growth can fluctuate. One side of your head may experience quicker growth while the other might lag behind. At times, you may notice hair growth, but the density may not reach your desired level. There will be months with more noticeable growth and others where progress seems limited, there can be some spots where there is no or less growth, leading to a somewhat patchy appearance.

However, it's essential to maintain patience and trust in the process. After around 12 months, everything should come together harmoniously, resulting in a well-blended and natural-looking head of hair. This journey is a test of patience, but the end result is rewarding."

I hope this helps you to calm your nerves now and then...Best of luck..Happy growing and keep updating brother...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

You're less than 3 months in.  Lots of the hairs have not even started to grow yet.  3 months you could be completely bald in that area and still be fine.  You won't even have ANY idea of the result until maybe 4.5 months in (and at 4.5 months, you'll have a pretty weak idea), and you won't have a good idea, until like 6 months +

Check out my journey here:

13 minutes ago, Fue3361 said:

You're less than 3 months in.  Lots of the hairs have not even started to grow yet.  3 months you could be completely bald in that area and still be fine.  You won't even have ANY idea of the result until maybe 4.5 months in (and at 4.5 months, you'll have a pretty weak idea), and you won't have a good idea, until like 6 months +

Completely agree. If anything I'd say the only unusual thing is that you're ahead of schedule compared to average. 

Looks normal to me. At 12 weeks, I'd say things are just getting started. Try not to worry. :)

Please direct medical questions to medical professionals.

NW3, Dr. Rahal, FUE, 3,000FU, Summer 2023

I wonder if the clinics provide any post op instructions at all? Second post with a concerned patient about something that should’ve been explained to him.

You will lose all the hairs during the first 3 months. Then growth will happen after 4 months. Judge the result by month 6-12.

Just now, Turkhair said:

I wonder if the clinics provide any post op instructions at all? Second post with a concerned patient about something that should’ve been explained to him.

Regardless of what we know about the process, we all get a little anxiety sometimes, don't we?

Please direct medical questions to medical professionals.

NW3, Dr. Rahal, FUE, 3,000FU, Summer 2023