Advice on whether to get HT and coverage

Hello,

I've been following this forum for the past few weeks and have found it to be very useful. I wanted advice on:

- Whether I should be looking to get an HT given my situation

- If yes, then how would you place the grafts (assuming 4000-5000); focus on hairline and mid or try to spread it out with more density in the front?

A few pertinent points below along with pictures:

- Age 33

- Been using Minoxidil for the past 5 years

- No health issues

- Don't smoke or drink

- I live in Toronto, Canada

I'll be looking to document my journey on this forum as I go along

edit 1.jpg

edit 2.jpg

edit 3.jpg

edit 4.jpg

edit 5.jpg

edit 6.jpg

• Valued Contributor

@Random27

You may need around 6k from hairline to crown for a decent density...

It depends on you personal choice how you would like it...this thing is subjective ..i was in similar situation and i went for high density on hairline upto mid scalp...now will go for my 2nd session for my crown area and will do a moderate density work there....you cn look at my thread to get an idea...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

@Random27 My hair loss is exactly same as yours Norwood V. I have contacted many clinics and suggestion is to get 3500-4000 grafts as first session to cover frontal and mid scalp with good density. After 1 year go for second session to cover crown area with 2000-2500 grafts. I live in USA and in the process of finalizing the doctor to schedule the surgery.

30 minutes ago, Maddy_Leo said:

@Random27 My hair loss is exactly same as yours Norwood V. I have contacted many clinics and suggestion is to get 3500-4000 grafts as first session to cover frontal and mid scalp with good density. After 1 year go for second session to cover crown area with 2000-2500 grafts. I live in USA and in the process of finalizing the doctor to schedule the surgery.

Thanks for your reply. Which clinics are you considering? Would be great to connect and get your experience given we are in the same boat :)

1 hour ago, A_4_Archan said:

@Random27

You may need around 6k from hairline to crown for a decent density...

It depends on you personal choice how you would like it...this thing is subjective ..i was in similar situation and i went for high density on hairline upto mid scalp...now will go for my 2nd session for my crown area and will do a moderate density work there....you cn look at my thread to get an idea...

Just read your thread. Amazing results! If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost at the clinic you went to?

1 hour ago, Random27 said:

Thanks for your reply. Which clinics are you considering? Would be great to connect and get your experience given we are in the same boat :)

I am considering Dr Laorwong in Bangkok and also looking into Dr Jebai in Beirut Lebanon. I got evaluations from Dr Gur, Dr Yaman, Dr Bicer from Turkey.

1 minute ago, Maddy_Leo said:

I am considering Dr Laorwong in Bangkok and also looking into Dr Jebai in Beirut Lebanon. I got evaluations from Dr Gur, Dr Yaman, Dr Bicer from Turkey.

Thoughts on Yaman? I am considering him. Bicer has been very slow to respond to me.

9 hours ago, Random27 said:

Sorry I am new to this forum. How do I find this list?

Here is the list @A_4_Archan shared with top doctors to consider in the price range.

--> 1-2 euros per graft - dr kongkiat laorwong,.dr ibrahim jebai ,dr gur, dr turan,dr demirsoy ,dr michalis georgiou ,dr patty,dr Espinosa (medecap clinic),Eugenix clinic(lower package)

--> 2-3.5 euros per graft -dr pekiner,dr custodio ,dr bicer,dr saifi, dr ximena villa, dr heinicke,dr nader, Dr Camacho,dr bonaros,HLC clinic,HDC clinic ,dr keser ,dr pathomvanich,Eugenix clinic

—> There can be other good doctors who are not in the list so you can do your own research for that or take opinions of other members.

• Like 3

Seems you're good NW5 candidate with generous donor, you can also combine beard procedure.

You'll need about 6000 grafts to cover everything.

I think you can have 5000+ grafts in 1 session (3 days of surgery), you're welcome to contact me for consultation with HDC clinic, we have many reviews here and our clinic specializes with mega sessions up till 7000 grafts for candidates with a strong donor.

Recent 5000 grafts result by Dr. Christina:

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.