Searching for best hair transplant surgeon in Sydney

The last thread is a few years old, and i didn't see any recommendations apart from "go to Turkey". Know a few blocks who has done it overseas ( in Turkey, and in England)and were not 100% satisfied with results. Makes it a pain to then travel back for second surgery, as the cost of travel and time off adds up. i prefer to do it locally in Sydney with a doctor, not non-medical technician.

anyone can share they experience with sydney base hair transplant clinic and preferably name of the surgeon?

so far i went to see Gro and Knudsen. didn't trust the gro consultant, felt i was consulted by salesman. Knudsen left good impression. will wait for forum's recommendations.

21 minutes ago, Aaron whitley said:

The last thread is a few years old, and i didn't see any recommendations apart from "go to Turkey". Know a few blocks who has done it overseas ( in Turkey, and in England)and were not 100% satisfied with results. Makes it a pain to then travel back for second surgery, as the cost of travel and time off adds up. i prefer to do it locally in Sydney with a doctor, not non-medical technician.

anyone can share they experience with sydney base hair transplant clinic and preferably name of the surgeon?

so far i went to see Gro and Knudsen. didn't trust the gro consultant, felt i was consulted by salesman. Knudsen left good impression. will wait for forum's recommendations.

Turkey is the capital of hair mills and botched plastic surgery, not a good place to get a hair transplant. Dr. Knudsen doesnt have a good reputation as far as the results that he produces so i would not recommend him. You can consider Dr. Laorwong and Dr. Pathomvanich in Thailand, they are both really great and produce great results.

The only doctor that i would think of in Australia is Dr. Ray Wds but he is expensive. At 2023 i dont know the kind of work that he produces.

Edited by jjalay
grammar

• Valued Contributor

Do not even consider having surgery here in Australia. I've seen a lot of results from Knudsen, Vikram, Marzola, etc. They don't even come close to any of the work from the patient recommended surgeons on the forum. I've seen work by Vikram and Knudsen with doubles in the hairline and the crown used as a donor source! Honestly nothing has improved here and it never started from a high baseline to begin with.

• Thanks 1

As a NZer, a agree with the above. Don’t go to ANYONE in Australia. Never let location to a limitation on getting a HT.

start with the list of recommended surgeons on this site, make a shortlist of who best suited to your case, consult with all of them, then make a decision.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@Aaron whitley

Your approach to finding a good surgeon is not correct. You should not let the location be a deciding factor when looking for a doctor, rather look for a good surgeon regardless of location convenience.

To date, I haven't seen any good surgeons from Australia who consistently produce good results and can be recommended.

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

I had a consult with Knudsen - almost $200 for about 8min of his time.  Saying he thinks he "might" be able to do 2000 grafts and my doner is on the poor side.  then walked me to his office manger and asked her to find me a date to book in. 

So rushed and clearly just $$$ orientated  

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
21 minutes ago, DavidJ said:

I had a consult with Knudsen - almost $200 for about 8min of his time.  Saying he thinks he "might" be able to do 2000 grafts and my doner is on the poor side.  then walked me to his office manger and asked her to find me a date to book in. 

So rushed and clearly just $$$ orientated  

That’s the best $200 spent that saved your scalp and hair from being destroyed.