2 months on oral minoxidil 2.5mg and oral finasteride 1mg

diegoyrenny

• Valued Contributor

I mean this in the spirit that it is meant. But if you have a transplant to match the very low and straight sharp SMP hairline it will look unnatural. The other problem is that you will be chasing MPB with a finite source of grafts and will run out of a donor supply. This leave the work in the new hairline marooned with nothing behind it. I obviously hope that you are an excellent responder to finasteride but it might not stop your MPB. More likely it will slow it down considerably. I just want to make you aware of the bigger picture in the long term. Not for just the nest five years. All the best.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

I mean this in the spirit that it is meant. But if you have a transplant to match the very low and straight sharp SMP hairline it will look unnatural. The other problem is that you will be chasing MPB with a finite source of grafts and will run out of a donor supply. This leave the work in the new hairline marooned with nothing behind it. I obviously hope that you are an excellent responder to finasteride but it might not stop your MPB. More likely it will slow it down considerably. I just want to make you aware of the bigger picture in the long term. Not for just the nest five years. All the best.

Thanks for the information appreciated

Should be an easy enough surgery with good results. You can even push for density if you don’t chase a lower hairline, yeah the pattern seems to be of higher Norwood but with both fin and min you don’t have to worry about reaching that level of loss.

Good luck mate

• Like 1

@Gatsby Thinking big picture here: if the OP adheres to medications and the meds at least maintain his current hair for the next few decades, then how many grafts does he need to fill in the area of his current SMP while leaving donor grafts in the bank?

Edited by Amiele
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Going by the pics (and you really need a front on pic). I would imagine around 2k - 2.5k. More if the temples are to be done. I'm not a doctor but looking at the first pic the top looks like it is slightly thinning so I wouldn't even attempt to do a low, buzz cut looking hairline. Save these grafts for the future and wait twelve months to see how the response to meds go is really the best plan. @diegoyrenny can I ask who the surgeon is and how old you are? 👍

8 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Going by the pics (and you really need a front on pic). I would imagine around 2k - 2.5k. More if the temples are to be done. I'm not a doctor but looking at the first pic the top looks like it is slightly thinning so I wouldn't even attempt to do a low, buzz cut looking hairline. Save these grafts for the future and wait twelve months to see how the response to meds go is really the best plan. @diegoyrenny can I ask who the surgeon is and how old you are? 👍

Im 35 the surgery would be done in @livahairrd (instagram handle) Dominican republic they are Turkish established in Dominican republic 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

With the greatest of respects I would give that clinic a big pass. Have some consultations with recommended surgeons from the forum. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. All the best! 👍

Thanks will do some research