Clinic increased their quote on Grafts needed from 700 to 1200 and I need advice before I proceed

When I saw the surgeon in person and asked if I will need  800  grafts as they quoted online by seeing my pictures, but they said ill need 700 only. I asked if I can get 1000 for higher density and they said that wont be possible due to limitations of Hair Transplants

Now I called their assistant to book a slot for a HT and I was sold the doctor said Ill need 1100-1200 grafts?? I dont get it since the doctor in person said it will be 700 and I understand if she went upto 800 or even 900. But isnt 1200 a big leap from 700?

Here's a picture of the initial quote they gave me to add density to my hairline (which is all I want, no lowering). 

Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 1.34.40 AM.png

Edited by singh

You have to remember that the defining characteristic of a mature man's hairline is that the temporal recession is higher than the mid-frontal point. That's what's going on in this picture. This is normal and natural! It doesn't mean you "need" a transplant! You have thick hair...You aren't suffering from hair loss! This is how a man's hairline is supposed to look like. Unfortunately, modern cultural norms tell us that a "straight" hairline or a "drake" hairline is how a hairline is supposed to look. A straight hairline in a man doesn't exist in nature!

Former US President Ronald Reagen and former football player Steven Gerrard are the only two "men" I know of who maintained a juvenile "straight" hairline naturally. This is incredibly rare and less than 2 percent of men maintain a child's hairline. Your doctor should have informed you and warned you about getting a transplant so early. Do not think about getting a hair transplant in your twenties!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KSA91 said:

You have to remember that the defining characteristic of a mature man's hairline is that the temporal recession is higher than the mid-frontal point. That's what's going on in this picture. This is normal and natural! It doesn't mean you "need" a transplant! You have thick hair...You aren't suffering from hair loss! This is how a man's hairline is supposed to look like. Unfortunately, modern cultural norms tell us that a "straight" hairline or a "drake" hairline is how a hairline is supposed to look. A straight hairline in a man doesn't exist in nature!

Former US President Ronald Reagen and former football player Steven Gerrard are the only two "men" I know of who maintained a juvenile "straight" hairline naturally. This is incredibly rare and less than 2 percent of men maintain a child's hairline. Your doctor should have informed you and warned you about getting a transplant so early. Do not think about getting a hair transplant in your twenties!

You can blame TikTok/social media for this with all these weird hairstyles and trends. These days the trend is to have a bird nest on your head, but what many gullible people don’t realise is some of them wear headpieces/wigs or do trickery with filters etc to look like they have hairs growing down below near their noses 😂 I think it was Logan Paul or his brother what’s his name that was proper NW3 but wore wigs/comb overs and you wouldn’t believe how many foolish people imitated them. 

• Like 1

I may be misremembering, but doesn't the OP suffer from traction alopecia?

If that's the case, he may well never suffer from male pattern baldness.

My advice would be to ask the clinic about their change in estimated graft count, and their planned density (raising their previous comment about the limitations of hair transplant density).

If you're never going to lose hair, attempting to match native density as much as possible isn't a bad strategy.

What you really want to know is their aimed density and their experience of achieving that in other patients. Hopefully they will be able to share some reference cases.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KSA91 said:

Actually, I'm suffering from traction alopecia, and I'm just looking to reinforce my current hairline. I've had a windows peak since I was a child and women in my family have it too, I think it doesn't have to do much with hair loss but with genetics. My family doesn't have a history of hair loss and I agree my hair loss from traaction alopecia isnt severe but since its not progressive I want to fix it and go on with my life.

2 hours ago, Emiry said:

You can blame TikTok/social media for this with all these weird hairstyles and trends. These days the trend is to have a bird nest on your head, but what many gullible people don’t realise is some of them wear headpieces/wigs or do trickery with filters etc to look like they have hairs growing down below near their noses 😂 I think it was Logan Paul or his brother what’s his name that was proper NW3 but wore wigs/comb overs and you wouldn’t believe how many foolish people imitated them. 

Yeah their dad is clearly NW 6+ so I guess theyre making the best out of their genes 

2 hours ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

I may be misremembering, but doesn't the OP suffer from traction alopecia?

If that's the case, he may well never suffer from male pattern baldness.

My advice would be to ask the clinic about their change in estimated graft count, and their planned density (raising their previous comment about the limitations of hair transplant density).

If you're never going to lose hair, attempting to match native density as much as possible isn't a bad strategy.

What you really want to know is their aimed density and their experience of achieving that in other patients. Hopefully they will be able to share some reference cases.

Yes that's correct. Maybe in my 30s or 40s I will have some recession of my hairline like 99% of men no one in my both sides of my family crossed NW2 before 50.  They just said its gonna be 1000 grafts max so ill probably go ahead with it.