Advice please( doctors, techniques, costs)

Hi mates,

i want your advice about HT and rebuilding the hair line. I ve been searching for good doctors in Turkey Istanbul with reasonable prices.
Asking several clinics, i would need around 2500-3000 grafts. I have a recession of the hair line.

Narrowed my options to several doctors: ie Turan, Gur, Yaman. Etc.

-Yaman is the cheapest option, but still worried about the potential results looking at some reviews. 

- turan and gur are much more expensive (around €3k - 3.5k)

Any other good options that i can consider , with a price up to €2.5k?

Also, heard of the two or three techniques (FUE, DHI and sapphire fue. any preferable technique over the other? Cause i ve hear that Yaman has his own technique. 

attached some photos for ur advice

IMG_5938.jpeg

IMG_5940.jpeg

IMG_5937.jpeg

IMG_5939.jpeg

IMG_5941.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

@Abdul

Never do your research based of location preferences better look for a good surgeon regardless of location..there are good budget doctors in turkey as well as other parts of world..

Don't let this techniques influence your decision in choosing a surgeon...just look for good consistent results...hands matter more than this techniques...a good doctor will be able to produce good result regardless of any techniques...

Dr gur and dr turan are good budget doctors and there are few more good options which are around same price range but aren't based in turkey...

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Valued Contributor

Sapphire FUE is not a "technique", it's just the material of the blade. There's no evidence it is superior to a steel blade; both work perfectly fine. What matters is the skill of the surgeon. DHI *is* FUE. There's FUE & FUT. Everything else is just noise.

My advise at this stage is to spend more time researching about HT's and not just clinics. Better to learn the fundamentals so that you can critically assess the work of the clinic's you're looking at yourself rather than rely on the words of anonymous internet strangers. Don't rush into a HT until you are confident you know your stuff, and never pick a clinic based on a particular country. If the perfect clinic for you happens to be in Turkey, awesome! If, after extensive research you prefer a clinic in Portugal or Belgium or Mexico or India... great. Don't limit yourself - it's your head after all.

@Berba11@A_4_Archan

appreciate your responses. Thanks a lot. This is why i came to this forum instead of relying on google reviews which i do not trust at all. The reason why i am saying Turkey cause i am basically going there for tourism with friends in November and i want to do the operation at the same time. Have heard a lot of some choices with quality and reasonable prices compared to other places elsewhere. Thanks again for explanation and your advices.  

• Valued Contributor
11 minutes ago, Abdul said:

@Berba11@A_4_Archan

appreciate your responses. Thanks a lot. This is why i came to this forum instead of relying on google reviews which i do not trust at all. The reason why i am saying Turkey cause i am basically going there for tourism with friends in November and i want to do the operation at the same time. Have heard a lot of some choices with quality and reasonable prices compared to other places elsewhere. Thanks again for explanation and your advices.  

You're welcome.

If may though... "I'm going to Turkey in a couple of months so may as well get a HT whilst I'm there as that's more convenient" sounds like the start of a story that is unlikely to end well. That's absolutely not how you should be approaching a permanent, life-long surgery on your head. Turkey has over 500 hair transplant clinics (maybe double that number). It has maybe 6-12 pretty good ones, max. So maybe 1-2% of the clinics in Turkey are actually any good, and I don't think you'll find any seasoned members of this forum who would recommend any of those 1-2% as being among the best in the world.

Personally I'd reiterate what I've already said. Take your time, do your homework, learn your stuff, become really knowledgable & just go and enjoy your holiday without trying to squeeze a hair transplant in because you happen to be there.

• Valued Contributor

@Abdul

I would agree with what @Berba11said

You seems to be very naive in this so Let me explain you how to approach a surgery

—> The first thing you should do is to address the root cause which is the hairloss progression ...even if you go for a surgery but if your hairloss continues than you will be again in the same situation in near future...surgery don't solve the problem of hairloss...

So you should first consult a good doctor who has more experience with hairs and start medication...this can stabilise,slow down or reverse your hairloss progression....this is the key for a successful outcome...to see the full potential of medication be religiously on them for full 12 months and than reassess your situation and plan accordingly..

—> So while you are on medication which is a first step ,your next step should be to educate yourself...use this 12 months period to do more research..educate yourself about HT and understand the whole process and nuances of HT and also do more research about good doctors around the world and make a wishlist of around 4-5 doctors based on your findings and consult all of them and see who suits you best and in sync with your expectations/goals....

So this is how you should approach a surgery and all of the above mentioned thing will act as a strong base in a successful surgery....

I hope this helps you ...best of luck...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023