starting on propecia plz help

baldingboy

Hello guys,

Hope you all doing good ,started posting on this forum 2 days ago and just loved the way i got response from senior members.

I have'nt taken any medication for hair loss till date but wanna start on something now because now i have started receiving compliments that man u r going bald icon_smile.gif.I mailed my pics to couple of docs and they told me to start on propecia.

But i have a mixed feeling since i have read both positive and negative comments about propecia.Guys plz can you all confirm that it is really over hyped ,i really need help and also i saw rogaine both topical solution and foam,can someone plz tell me which one is more good and easy to use.

And also i came across the site pharmacy and they are selling generic propecia finpecia 1 mg 90 pills for 36$ ,is it alright if i order from this site and what dose should i start from.

All the help is greatly appreciated .And thank you Pat and Bill and other senior members for making this forum so rocking.I started loosing hairs 3 4 years ago but did'nt knew that there was something called MPB,well thanks to internet we all can be so educated and help each other.

Cheers

I'm also new to this site, but have been reading for some time. Just to share my personal experience, I went on it around this past Thanksgiving. Everything was fine for the first two weeks; I actually had an increase in sex drive. Soon after, my sex drive completely went away. It was everything I feared when starting this medication.

I am only 25 and have never experienced any lack of sex drive. I literally went for 2 weeks without even thinking about sex or having an erection. It scared me to death and I immediately went off the meds and will probably stay off permanently.

I hope this helps. Several people have taken propecia and have had success with no side effects, unfortunately I did not have the same experience.

I took a half a pill of Finasteride (5mg) on a schedule of every M-W-F, which several Doctors on this site recommend. As I understood from the pharmacy, Finasteride and Propecia are the exact same medicine; only difference is dosage. I am going to use rogaine for the long haul. It seems to slow down the hair loss a little bit.

As far as the baldness scale, I am around a 4. I plan to get a HT but am concerned that I will have to go back multiple times to catch up with my balding due to not being on medication.

InkQ isi'nt the recommended dose for fiansteride is 1 mg and if u were taking it for the first time than was'nt that a very high dose,not sure though of what i am saying is right or wrong maybe some senior members can tell exactly.

Are you using the foam or the liquid thing,do u have any side effects of roagine,was thinking starting it so wanted to know is it easy to use without any problems.

Cheers

Hey guys, I'm new to the site as well and this is my first post. I am 22 and noticed my hair thinning at 18. I began on minoxidil (not rogaine but still 5 percent minoxidil) and have used it ever since. It seemed to slow the hair loss down but over the past few months I have noticed more thinning. I have mild hair loss so far but I decided to start on propecia last wednesday because I heard the earlier you start the better.

I was on 1 pill (1mg) for only 5 days and I began noticing a significant difficulty getting and maintaining in erection. I knew this side effect was not just mental because I stopped getting morning erections as well. I found this side effect to be very scary and did not want to live like that. Being in my early 20's not being able to have sex would be traumatic. Some people suggest to stay on it and see if the sides go away but I didnt want to do more damage to my body. I decided to go off propecia after a week.

I may try a lower dose later but am fearful that the sides will return, if not as soon as this time but maybe further down the road. Its very disappointing because I had a lot of hope that propecia would be the key to at least stopping my hair loss. I'm deciding now what the next step should be. I would really like a hair transplant soon but I believe its not recommended for those in their early 20s especially if not on propecia..

This is all very frustrating but its great that we have all the educated and experience members on this board to discuss with.

mjbb

yeah u are right man,this is indeed a great forum,i have'nt tried any of the propecia or rogaine stuff so wanted to discuss with the senior members about its pros and like some docs have told me the over hyped side effects,but man as u said just 5 days and u felt the side effects that just scares me to start it ,i guess i will give rogaine a try first and then move to propecia if evrything is ok.

So if rogaine a mess to use or its ok,which form do u use, and man don't get upset because of hair loss,m telling u it's just not worth it.

What i have decided is that i will give a shot in stopping hair loss if it stops then well and good and if it does'nt then f*** hair loss,just shave it man life is too short ,u never know whats coming next so stay cool and njoy every moment.

Just my thought i understand that ur condition and circumstances might be completely different but just wanted to cheer u up.

Cheers

Originally posted by phil mascallpen:

Yes that would be a high dosage. That works out to 15mg a week when Merck recommends 1mg a day (or 7mg per week).

3 x 2.5mg (half a 5mg pill) = 7.5mg of finasteride a week not 15mg.

Blond.

-----------------------------

PhD (Experimental and Clinical medicine)

1.25mg Finasteride

Minoxidil 5% (EOD)

Nizoral 1% (x3/week)

Originally posted by Blondie:
Originally posted by phil mascallpen:

Yes that would be a high dosage. That works out to 15mg a week when Merck recommends 1mg a day (or 7mg per week).

3 x 2.5mg (half a 5mg pill) = 7.5mg of finasteride a week not 15mg.

oops my bad. thanks for the catch blondie. never do math after a bottle of wine.