Topical Fin

Andrew2023

Just a quick question first time posting folks. 

I'm 37 have some front receding and crown loss, probably something 3000 grafts would correct without too much trouble so that's what I plan to do within the next year.

I don't want to take fin orally but would like to try to topical version with topical minox as well. My question is if fin in liquid form how long does it take to break down from my scalp, as in if I was to give my wife or kids a hug, could it theoretically rub off onto them and be absorbed? 

I have had the snip and wouldn't consider any form of fin before I'd done that tbh.

Try oral first. it's more effective, and much more convenient and simple to take than topicals. If you get sides (hint: if you are very afraid of sides you will get it simply because of nocebo...) do continue taking Finasteride for another month as most sides are temporarily in the majority of cases. Side effect profile is low, regardless of what people in the Internet tell you. People don't post on forums when they don't have sides, they post on forums when they have sides. So the feedback on Finasteride is skewed towards people who experience side effects.

Some questions you could ask yourself: Are you fit? Do you get enough sleep? Do you eat healthy? If yes to these quetsions it is extremely unlikely that you will experience side effects on oral finasteride. Most notable side effect is from an increase in estrogen, most often than not relating to being overweight. The increase in testosterone from Finasteride (about 15%) can increase your estrogen through aromatization - this happens more aggressively the more fat you carry on your body.

Your point regarding "the snip" and not wanting to take fin before having the snip done: that goes against the medical litterature. It's shown that taking fin while conceiving does not pose a danger. The level of finasteride in your semen is too low to have any impact on the featus etc. WOmen and children, on the other han, should not come into contact with finasteride either in liquid/topical or crushed/split pill form.

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023