Scalp optics with a post hair restoration head shave

• Valued Contributor

If you have any thoughts of being able to live with a shaved head then don't get a hair transplant. You will be left with thousands of tiny scars otherwise. I shaved my head for six years and it's the easiest, quickest way to get ready for the day and you will be saving a small fortune. All the best!

4 hours ago, Gatsby said:

If you have any thoughts of being able to live with a shaved head then don't get a hair transplant. You will be left with thousands of tiny scars otherwise. I shaved my head for six years and it's the easiest, quickest way to get ready for the day and you will be saving a small fortune. All the best!

understand the sentiment. I am really hoping the HT will be successful but also open to the possibility that it may not always work out after reading a few cases on the forums here. In case if I end up being the unlucky few I wanted to understand what post HT shaving would look like

Edited by homebound

• Valued Contributor
On 8/20/2023 at 11:04 AM, homebound said:

@Davidf and @Gatsby curious to get your thoughts since you both may have shaved post HT

I shaved post my first 'botched hair transplant.' I had SMP to cover the scars but I wish that I never went through with the first hair transplant. I wish that I had just shaved my head period. Like I said, if you have any thoughts of shaving your head, even if it's your plan 'B',  then don't have surgery.'

Man. I feel like that's a harsh statement. I have my HT scheduled in 3 weeks with Nader (that I plan on documenting). It's hard not to have the fear of 'it could go wrong and what will I do if it does?'

Shaved head with SMP is my backup if something happens or the grafts don't take. Could you expand on why that's a bad thought process?