Dieting/eating in caloric deficit to lose weight after FUE, good/bad idea?

Part of my self improvement goal is losing weight along with my new and improved hairline after I get my FUE procedure done soon. I would like to lose 30 pounds of fat. If I’m losing 1.5 pounds a week with high protein, could that in any way shape or form affect my results? All of course assuming i resume lifting 2 weeks or so after the procedure. If there’s any chance it could hinder hair growth from the transplant then I will just wait and maintain weight for now 

I would play it safe and just eat at maintenance calories for the first couple of weeks at least to get your nutrients. Eating at a deficit while NOT working out could lead to muscle loss. You probably can return to deficit after 2 weeks, when you start hitting the weights again. Also, ask what your surgeon thinks.

I fasted during the month of Ramadan and mind you Islamic fasting isn’t like what non-Muslims do for example for health reasons with crazy long hours and crazy calorie restrictions. The fasting is only from sunrise to sundown and then you can eat as much as you like and anything you like. 

While I noticed many positive health benefits (my kidney/liver function improved drastically, lost a little weight despite this not being my goal, my skin was much better) my hairs suffered. I had no new growth at all. 

So yeah it will definitely affect your results especially because you are going to lose a massive 30 pounds (oof) and that will require massive calorie deficit or calorie burning. 

1 hour ago, son2 said:

I would play it safe and just eat at maintenance calories for the first couple of weeks at least to get your nutrients. Eating at a deficit while NOT working out could lead to muscle loss. You probably can return to deficit after 2 weeks, when you start hitting the weights again. Also, ask what your surgeon thinks.

Yeah for sure, maintenance maybe even for a month after to play it safe. I’ll ask him for sure, just wanted to see what others thought 

1 hour ago, Emiry said:

I fasted during the month of Ramadan and mind you Islamic fasting isn’t like what non-Muslims do for example for health reasons with crazy long hours and crazy calorie restrictions. The fasting is only from sunrise to sundown and then you can eat as much as you like and anything you like. 

While I noticed many positive health benefits (my kidney/liver function improved drastically, lost a little weight despite this not being my goal, my skin was much better) my hairs suffered. I had no new growth at all. 

So yeah it will definitely affect your results especially because you are going to lose a massive 30 pounds (oof) and that will require massive calorie deficit or calorie burning. 

Well the 30 pounds would be over like 5 months not all at once but point taken. I may just maintain weight for a while then do a hard cut once results set in.

Edited by Savemyhairline

If you are mass starving your body anorexic style, that will heavily stress your organs and body out and I actually could see such great stress negatively impacting recovery and hair growth

If you are just going on Weight Watchers or some other type of casual diet, you have nothing to worry about. 

Edited by HappyMan2021