Dr Pekiner second hair transplant

Emiry

So I just finished last day of my second hair transplant for crown coverage chilling in my hotel and I thought I would write about my experience. 

Before I start I want to thank Alex, Dr Pekiner’s assistant for being so helpful and patient with me. When he told me there was a cancellation I quickly jumped on the opportunity to come after waiting for so long to get my second procedure done for crown coverage done.

Meeting Dr Pekiner for the second, I was reminded of his friendly smile, truly the nicest person you will ever meet. He was pleasantly surprised at how well my front (hairline + midscalp) transplant had grown especially for just being at 6 months. The master of hair transplants marvelled at his own work hahahaa 😀 He told me there’s more to come in the coming months and I was obviously ecstatic. 

When it came time to planning, he told me I look 5 years younger and like a different person 😀 and I really do. Nobody can tell I had a hair transplant and had beard hairs transplanted at that, such is the magic of Dr Pekiner’s work!.

Surgery went pretty much the same as last time, the anesthetic made me feel weird and dizzy. I didn’t sleep much through the surgery this time, last time I slept through all 3 days of surgery hahaha. I knew what to expect but still you can never get used to the anesthetic shots, they aren’t that painful especially the scalp ones but you can’t get used to them. The beard injections are extremely painful, Dr Pekiner would say sorry whenever he saw me visibly in too much pain and I soldiered through it. They don’t last long and it’s just part of the process.

The doctor managed to get 3000 total grafts, around 2000 scalp and like a 1000 beard grafts I think. I was amazed actually because I didn’t think I had that many grafts left in my scalp. During the first surgery, I came to realise how bad my hairloss and donor actually was and despite that, I recovered so well you couldn’t tell my donor had 3000 grafts taken the first time. And now another 2000!.

I can’t thank Dr Pekiner enough for agreeing to see me so early!. But it was super important to me that I get my second surgery asap due to some family/fiancé situation. Again tusk just shows what kind of a nice person he really is that he understood and was sympathetic to my situation and accommodated me well. I can’t think of many doctors especially of his calibre who would be so nice. 

I don’t have a lot of pictures on my phone right now unfortunately, I deleted them because iCloud kept bugging me and I wanted to have free storage so I could take pictures of Turkey while sightseeing 🇹🇷, when I get back home I will post if requested. But I was a complete bald NW5 hahaha and so first surgery had upwards of 3000 grafts implanted in hairline+midscalp and now second surgery around the same on crown. 

Month 5 (couldn’t find more recent, maybe clinic will send me the professional quality ones they sent). Big change from month 5 to 6

IMG_3549.thumb.jpeg.fe68bbf50ef348c697cd898404b5ed5f.jpeg

I am still dumbfounded how I now have to have a comb and go to hairdresser now hahaaa just few months ago there was nothing there. I will post the crown pictures once I get the slight face swelling down, I look so fat hahaha.

I am so happy I went with Dr Pekiner. Last year was such a big waiting game but it turned out to so well worth it. Really! I can’t express how grateful I am to Dr Pekiner and it’s only fate that I managed to get my surgery done with him despite all the difficulties. I couldn’t even think last year I could get a booking with him because of my financial situation and other real life difficulties. I had been following his results on the Italian forum and that’s when I wished I could my surgery with him. So like many other people’s advice here, chose the doctor that you like and don’t let your budget or waiting time be the deciding factor because in the end, you’re going to come out happy like I am 😀

We discussed the possibility of third surgery perhaps to add density to areas lacking but maybe it won’t be needed. The front is continuing to change and grow and doctor implanted more than he thought he could from pictures on the crown, several hundred more grafts so the result should come out pretty fantastic. I can already feel hairs on my crown hahaha, it’s such an exciting feeling to have hairs again.

Now to get through the annoying first two weeks of caring for newly implanted grafts and pray to God that I don’t damage them. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rsb said:

Nice writeup!

May I know price per graft?

2.7 euros for scalp grafts

2.8 euros for body/beard grafts 

I don’t feel so hot this time around, strange feeling of depression, almost nauseous and dizzy and barely able to sleep trying to protect my crown from touching anything. I thought the second time would go easier but it’s been horrible. Maybe it’s the Ankara heat getting to me. Oh well only a few more days of this horrible feeling. I should be ecstatic afterwards, don’t have baldness anymore thanks to the good doctor’s hard work. 

Edited by Emiry

Nice! I’m going next month. Few questions 

-What hotel did you stay at and how was the room service food?

-Did you pay in cash or crypto?

-How many days are you resting in Ankara? 

-Any tips whist travelling there or in the airport?

6 hours ago, Min12 said:

Nice! I’m going next month. Few questions 

-What hotel did you stay at and how was the room service food?

-Did you pay in cash or crypto?

-How many days are you resting in Ankara? 

-Any tips whist travelling there or in the airport?

Alex booked me at Atakosk which is right in front of Pekiner’s office at walking distance but I changed to Green Park Hotel myself. There was nothing wrong with Atakosk and the food was real tasty but it’s just that last time for my first surgery I was at Green Park and made friends with staff there, also absolutely loved the view. I just decided to go with familiar setting. 

Dr Pekiner feeds you a lot of food in his clinic during breaks and it’s so tasty. I didn’t eat much hotel food during surgery days, just slept through all day. 

Cash

I am just boarding my flight now, spent extra 6 days after surgery because I figured I am investing so much into my hair surgery, what’s a few extra days. It makes such a big difference, I don’t feel sore going through airport stresses and don’t have to worry as much about bumping my head and losing grafts. They should be secure by now. Also very pain free and no more dizzy. I know some people take off the next day though and you can totally do that too.

Get a really comfy and big neck pillow. It will make the difference in whether you can sleep or suffer through the post-op period 😂 Also go in winter and not summer but it’s too late for that. Ankara feels something magical in winters. 

Enjoy, you’re going to be so pleased with both the experience and the results InshaAllah ( God willing ). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2023 at 2:02 PM, Emiry said:

2.7 euros for scalp grafts

2.8 euros for body/beard grafts 

I don’t feel so hot this time around, strange feeling of depression, almost nauseous and dizzy and barely able to sleep trying to protect my crown from touching anything. I thought the second time would go easier but it’s been horrible. Maybe it’s the Ankara heat getting to me. Oh well only a few more days of this horrible feeling. I should be ecstatic afterwards, don’t have baldness anymore thanks to the good doctor’s hard work. 

Is there any discount module?

On 8/17/2023 at 11:11 AM, Emiry said:

Alex booked me at Atakosk which is right in front of Pekiner’s office at walking distance but I changed to Green Park Hotel myself. There was nothing wrong with Atakosk and the food was real tasty but it’s just that last time for my first surgery I was at Green Park and made friends with staff there, also absolutely loved the view. I just decided to go with familiar setting. 

Dr Pekiner feeds you a lot of food in his clinic during breaks and it’s so tasty. I didn’t eat much hotel food during surgery days, just slept through all day. 

Cash

I am just boarding my flight now, spent extra 6 days after surgery because I figured I am investing so much into my hair surgery, what’s a few extra days. It makes such a big difference, I don’t feel sore going through airport stresses and don’t have to worry as much about bumping my head and losing grafts. They should be secure by now. Also very pain free and no more dizzy. I know some people take off the next day though and you can totally do that too.

Get a really comfy and big neck pillow. It will make the difference in whether you can sleep or suffer through the post-op period 😂 Also go in winter and not summer but it’s too late for that. Ankara feels something magical in winters. 

Enjoy, you’re going to be so pleased with both the experience and the results InshaAllah ( God willing ). 

I actually stayed at the Greenpark hotel during my consultation and was thinking of staying at the Atakosk hotel as I’ve heard you could possible order food from the Yemeksepity app which is like Ubereats, you can’t order food into Greenpark.

I’m looking to stay there for a week in total to give time to heal and maybe explore around.

We’re you able to persuade the dr to do more grafts or was he dead set on 2000 grafts?

On 8/19/2023 at 8:37 AM, Min12 said:

I actually stayed at the Greenpark hotel during my consultation and was thinking of staying at the Atakosk hotel as I’ve heard you could possible order food from the Yemeksepity app which is like Ubereats, you can’t order food into Greenpark.

I’m looking to stay there for a week in total to give time to heal and maybe explore around.

We’re you able to persuade the dr to do more grafts or was he dead set on 2000 grafts?

Both are 5 star hotels and was happy at both places. 

I only did some sightseeing before pre-op, after my surgery I was completely knocked out, extremely depressed (very strange), dizzy, sore and didn’t go out of my room once despite staying for a whole 5 days after surgery…maybe it was the heat or what but I didn’t enjoy a single day. The reaction people get from surgery seems very different. So I don’t know maybe you would be able to or maybe not. Some lucky people party the same night and behave as if they didn’t have hundreds of shots of anaesthetics into their head 😂😂

Edited by Emiry

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2023 at 5:37 AM, Min12 said:

Sorry if that's off topic, but how was your experience @Min12. I'm going there next month

2 hours ago, FUEnator said:

Sorry if that's off topic, but how was your experience @Min12. I'm going there next month

I’m going this month, have been there for a consultations earlier a few months ago. So yeah looking forward to it.

• 4 weeks later...