Beard grafts growth rate

I had a lot of beard grafts implanted and it seems they are the ones lagging behind. It’s weird as well, they didn’t shed at the same time as scalp and sometime they did shed.

When can I expect growth from them? 

Does taking finasteride will harm or hinder their growth? 

• Valued Contributor

Finasteride will not have an affect on them (though others will beg to differ I'm sure). Oral minoxidil however will improve them, both in thickness and staying in the anagen (growth) phase longer. Beard grafts can take longer to grow and often some of them don't shed after surgery. All the best.

• Valued Contributor

@Emiry

This is how it works...both(scalp and beard hairs) have different growth cycle and there is difference in texture and that's why people will face this issue if too many beard grafts are used....so you have to accept this fact and its strange that your surgeon didn't tell you this beforehand...

Finasteride will not hinder anything and it can only help it ...plus you can consult your surgeon and can take minoxidil which will help you with this as it will make them fuller and thicker and will keep them in growth phase for long...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023