Hair Transplant ‘Top up’ for density

Hello all ,

im new to the forum as I've been researching hair transplants for days and it seems to be a minefield with negative and pro comments about every clinic i look into!

So i had a hair transplant 7 years ago through longevita to a clinic in turkey and it went really well as my hair line was already pretty good. Now im wanting my hairline even denser and topping up where its slightly receding , i was looking at getting dhi as this looks like the new way the implant the hairs but im unsure who to go with as i now see longevita just send you to a random clinic.

Also another question is will i able to get a thicker denser hairline if i get another one as i want to slick my hair back and at the moment its noticeable when pulled back. Im worried that it could mess up my hairline and kill the hairs that are already there?

any advice would be massively appreciated !

7E57EA41-4383-449B-856D-CB6C8DBF4668.jpeg

DFA6FFDA-02ED-4F5C-ADDE-FA1A52418EB5.jpeg

15FF2435-0134-4C16-A668-EE959B4B838D.jpeg

9D996FFE-1759-47F9-AD00-764AB34645D8.jpeg

8C2BE50E-9820-44D5-A7D9-5D42191C3F61.jpeg

Edited by Leadley
Change pictures

• Valued Contributor

@LeadleyDHI is fue only and don't get confused about it...this is just a marketing thing so don't fall prey to it..better focus on results,reviews ,credibility ,experience and ethics of a doctor rather than those techniques...results matter more than the techniques 

Good that you came to know how the clinic(agent) you mentioned is running its business and now doing research about other good options

You got enough hairs on top and i think you just need a bit of hairline work(density) and fill in some spots behind your hairline and you will need a very good experienced surgeon for that as you have got many hairs around there which may get damaged....you are right that there is a chance that your native hairs can get damaged so choose your surgeon wisely...

First of all check out the recommended surgeon's list which you can find on the top of the forum....look at results of all of them and shortlist 3-4 surgeons from them and than do consultations with them and thn you can decide on whom to choose...i hope this helps you ..best of luck...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

7 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

@LeadleyDHI is fue only and don't get confused about it...this is just a marketing thing so don't fall prey to it..better focus on results,reviews ,credibility ,experience and ethics of a doctor rather than those techniques...results matter more than the techniques 

Good that you came to know how the clinic(agent) you mentioned is running its business and now doing research about other good options

You got enough hairs on top and i think you just need a bit of hairline work(density) and fill in some spots behind your hairline and you will need a very good experienced surgeon for that as you have got many hairs around there which may get damaged....you are right that there is a chance that your native hairs can get damaged so choose your surgeon wisely...

First of all check out the recommended surgeon's list which you can find on the top of the forum....look at results of all of them and shortlist 3-4 surgeons from them and than do consultations with them and thn you can decide on whom to choose...i hope this helps you ..best of luck...

Thank you for your reply.

Yes im only now just understanding that these companies from the uk just hire random clinics to do the work in turkey. 
I understand what your saying about the marketing on dhi and sapphire but i am made to believe using these tools will actually be alot better for getting the hairs really close for density which i need.

i have looked into the recommended people on here and have found two from the uk that are recommended- 

Dr. Arshad from The Hair Dr in leeds and Dr. Bessam Farjo Manchester.

i have looked on their companies website and seen they only do fue and fut though not dhi techniques so will they still be able to get the finish im looking for and also will i be able to specifically be able to ask for one of these to do my operation if i book with them. Are their prices going to be crazy high as they are so well known?

• Valued Contributor
35 minutes ago, Leadley said:

but i am made to believe using these tools will actually be alot better for getting the hairs really close for density which i need.

Unfortunately not. It's the skill, expereince and communication with the surgeon that will achieve these goals. All the best!

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@Leadley

Density isn't an outcome of any technique but it is achieved with skills and experience....this can be done with DHI or without it....so don't believe in this false narrative which you have been tricked into believing...

I don't know about their prices and i don't even know about your spending capacity so i can't say if their prices are crazy high and you can afford it or not so i would say you can consult them and see what they have to offer....and do more research about other options as well so you can broaden your list of  choices and don't just narrow down your options by looking for a doctor in one particular country/demography as that will cut down your options which are worth considering 

--> My Thread

5 hours ago, Leadley said:

Thanks for the replies ill keep researching!

has anyone had any dealings with now cosmetic hair in the uk? Seems like really good reviews but wondering if they are real or not.

6624E0E4-AA40-4BCB-9E56-5F4BF86D50E8.png

I wouldn’t use trustpilot respectfully, I used trustpilot and went to a complete mess off a clinic first time round. Using open, honest forums like this with real time patients are your best point for research I would say 😊 

• Like 2

I have found a doctor who i can book in who seems to have very good feedback and lots of experience.

The only downside is that he just oversees the operation and has 2 or 3 workers that actually do the implants.

Has anyone had any dealings with the HGC in romford , Essex? 

TIA

73ED7A97-F391-41BC-8D96-2C597AF40DE5.png

• Face Palm 1

• Valued Contributor
On 8/7/2023 at 1:51 PM, Leadley said:

Thanks for the replies ill keep researching!

has anyone had any dealings with now cosmetic hair in the uk? Seems like really good reviews but wondering if they are real or not.

6624E0E4-AA40-4BCB-9E56-5F4BF86D50E8.png

I would say don't "TRUST-the-PILOT"

Better trust the pessengers 😉

• Haha 2

--> My Thread

A word of advise, don't just Google around for surgeons. Search for them well enough to know about them and build a shortlist based off the results similar to your situation/needs. 

Trust pilot, Facebook, Instagram, etc are just NOT a good place for reesearch, forums such as this one are what you are looking for to make the right choice. 

• Well Done 1

We have do have some options here in the Uk but it’s a pretty short list, Dr Reddy, Dr Ball, Dr Farjo, Dr Mittal and Dr Arshad all have results you can find here on the forum. All have the odd miss (some more than others) 

Don’t choose a clinic that’s doesn’t have any actual Dr Involvement, at the very least they should be doing the incision step (as well as the planning etc) 

Better still look towards Europe to get a better Dr, as well as more bang for you’re buck. 
Research actual patient posted journeys on hair loss forums such as this, you will soon see who’s consistently doing good work. 

• Well Done 1

3 hours ago, Leadley said:

I have found a doctor who i can book in who seems to have very good feedback and lots of experience.

The only downside is that he just oversees the operation and has 2 or 3 workers that actually do the implants.

Has anyone had any dealings with the HGC in romford , Essex? 

TIA

73ED7A97-F391-41BC-8D96-2C597AF40DE5.png

bro are you trying to go to a hair mill or something? stay away from this place 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Big Rome said:

bro are you trying to go to a hair mill or something? stay away from this place 

Is this a hair mill even if i book with this specific doctor? Ill be travelling 6 hours to get in with him apparently he’s good from what ive been reading.

20 minutes ago, BRITA-XL said:

We have do have some options here in the Uk but it’s a pretty short list, Dr Reddy, Dr Ball, Dr Farjo, Dr Mittal and Dr Arshad all have results you can find here on the forum. All have the odd miss (some more than others) 

Don’t choose a clinic that’s doesn’t have any actual Dr Involvement, at the very least they should be doing the incision step (as well as the planning etc) 

Better still look towards Europe to get a better Dr, as well as more bang for you’re buck. 
Research actual patient posted journeys on hair loss forums such as this, you will soon see who’s consistently doing good work. 

I did get a quote from dr arshad but it would be £6000 minimum which is triple what ive been quoted from other doctors .

dr farjo was £9000 minimum .

is there any in Europe whos as good but at a lower cost? My budget is £4000 .

thanks

11 minutes ago, Leadley said:

Is this a hair mill even if i book with this specific doctor? Ill be travelling 6 hours to get in with him apparently he’s good from what ive been reading.

one of my friends went here, and the pre-op photos looked a mess. One of my other friends booked and cancelled going here after seeing some images, lost his deposit but saved his hair in the long run… 

the first transplant I had was also with a ‘doctor’ but he didn’t know his backside from his elbow 

58 minutes ago, Big Rome said:

one of my friends went here, and the pre-op photos looked a mess. One of my other friends booked and cancelled going here after seeing some images, lost his deposit but saved his hair in the long run… 

the first transplant I had was also with a ‘doctor’ but he didn’t know his backside from his elbow 

Is your friend on here so i can ask him where he found these images please?

where did he go in the end and how much? Thanks

57 minutes ago, Big Rome said:

doing good research is so important before pulling the trigger man

That’s true but i paid £1200 over 7 years ago and it was great everyone says mine is the best hair transplant they have seen so now im researching and being cautious its coming in at almost 6 x what i last paid.

4 minutes ago, Leadley said:

Is your friend on here so i can ask him where he found these images please?

where did he go in the end and how much? Thanks

he isn’t but he ended up going to Turkey & went to a hairmill out there ffs 🤣🤣 Sule i think it was 

5 minutes ago, Big Rome said:

he isn’t but he ended up going to Turkey & went to a hairmill out there ffs 🤣🤣 Sule i think it was 

Would of been easier doing it in the uk then surely 😅

Surley not all these companies can be bad ive seen lots of good hair transplants . I seem to find bad reviews on every company but i imagine some heads just don’t take as well to others.

16 minutes ago, Leadley said:

Would of been easier doing it in the uk then surely 😅

Surley not all these companies can be bad ive seen lots of good hair transplants . I seem to find bad reviews on every company but i imagine some heads just don’t take as well to others.

There is certainly people that are more likely to get a good result than others (donor hair characteristics generally determine that).

I've had surgery in the UK (Dr Arshad) and in Cyprus. 

It was cheaper to have surgery abroad but not much when travel, airport parking, food, extra hotel nights were considered.

I'm assuming you've been quoted 2k grafts. I would say that you are unlikely to get a doctor driven surgery in the UK for 4k GBP.

It'll be possible abroad but if your travel costs 500 GBP then you're looking for a surgeon at under 2 euros per graft. Its possible to get a doctor let surgery for that, but your options will be pretty limited.

Edited by BackFromTheBrink

Mate it’s simple… I wouldn’t want a beautician turned technician hacking into my head… or a bunch of students who have come from abroad and looking to make money in the U.K. working in my head. Do your research. In the U.k if you’re getting a transplant at 2k or less there’s a reason for it. If your goal is simply more hair on your head then go for it. 

Ofherwise spend more time doing research and take it from there 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@Leadley

1 to 2 euros per graft - dr kongkiat laorwong ,dr gur, dr turan ,dr demirsoy ,dr michalis georgiou ,dr patty,dr yaman, dr christina (hdc clinic),dr Espinosa (medecap clinic),dr fares seffen, Choiexpert,dr ibrahim jebai 

Don't take the above list as face value and look at it just as a source of information regarding the names of some good surgeons to do consultations with..This list is based on my knowledge and preferences and there are many other good surgeons/clinics which i may be not knowing or didn't see enough results from them and hence are not in that list..and for that you can do your research and take opinions of other members as well...i hope this helps you ..best of luck....

--> My Thread

18 hours ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

There is certainly people that are more likely to get a good result than others (donor hair characteristics generally determine that).

I've had surgery in the UK (Dr Arshad) and in Cyprus. 

It was cheaper to have surgery abroad but not much when travel, airport parking, food, extra hotel nights were considered.

I'm assuming you've been quoted 2k grafts. I would say that you are unlikely to get a doctor driven surgery in the UK for 4k GBP.

It'll be possible abroad but if your travel costs 500 GBP then you're looking for a surgeon at under 2 euros per graft. Its possible to get a doctor let surgery for that, but your options will be pretty limited.

Did you go to Dr Arshad for your first op ? How did you find that?

What was the reason for your second op and how are the results after a second transplant?

i spoke to the hair dr in leeds and was quoted 6k and told the doctor only does the cuts , techs do the grafts from the donor and place them into the head and apparently this is what happens everywhere? So what im lead to believe is the doctor only does the cuts so im rolling the dice on techs most places ill go to?

thanks for the info