Diffuse Thinning Hair Transplant Question

Hey all i am a 30 yo male . I have had hairloss since i was 17 yo , i had a hairtransplant with Dr. D**** in 2020 . I am currently taking Oral Min 2.5 mg for about 8 months, and finasteride for over 7 years. I am very happy with the hairline i have now post surgery. My concern now is my diffuse thinning on the top . I wanted to know if anyone had any good surgeons that they would reccomend for this as well as maybe a link to the post with pictures. I am well aware that we only have a limited amount of donor hair so i want to make it count. I am also aware that it can be very tricky to implant next to native hair and really depends on the skill of the surgeon . I am based in CA and only interested in going with in the states/ Canada . Also if you guys know the punch size that would help i believe that D**** did 1.0 . Thanks in advance !

Attached are some photos as well as my donor area post 1st transplant.

blur.jpg

top2.JPG

xplant1.JPG

xplant2.JPG

I just recently saw a guy on here that had a good amount of native hair get completely shocked out from a clinic in Canada. Looks like it could be hit or miss. It may or may not return depending on the strength of the follicles. I’d recommend waiting til you have 20% or less density remaining before grafting the area. Atleast then if you shock out the existing 20 fu, the 25-40 that you implant will look better then what you currently had 

Edited by Hair4Days

• 2 weeks later...

@NickB,

diffuse thinners are tough because if too much of the natural hair is in the miniaturization process, you may experience temporary or even permanent shock loss of nose hairs if hair is transplanted in between or around with them.  This is why Dr. Rahal and other surgeons sometimes recommend that diffuse thinners get on finasteride or even minoxidil for at least a year prior to surgery to see if non-surgical solutions can strengthen existing miniaturizing hair.

All that to say, if done right, diffuse thinners can be good candidates for surgery because as long as precautions are taken to minimize the loss of natural hair,  these patients can often end up with higher degrees of density and overall fullness than those with less or no natural hair existing in the area.

I will present a few examples of diffuse thinners performed by Dr. Rahal shortly as an example of what can be done when done right.   Stay tuned 🙂.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.