Why PRP works on some people and not on others.

mustang

1) Your clinic is injecting PRP with PPP, this is used by most clinics. This means that they are injecting both the rich and poor plasma, the second does nothing. This is to maximize profit and reduce cost. Each pipet is apparently quite costly, using just one to have more volume means most of the scalp get's PPP injections which is 80% of the tube. White blood cells and PRP make up the rest.

2) You have a low platelet count: Do bloodwork before doing PRP for a year or two. If your platelets are low this treatment won't work for you.

3) You are not the right patient: PRP is not meant to stop aggressive MPB on the hairline, it's growth factors and reduces inflammation. If you are diffusing thinner or have traction alopecia then you are the right candidate

4) Frequency: Once every 3 months is the norm but derma rolling with growth factors between sessions must be done to maximize effects.

5) Monotreatment: PRP is a complementary treatment that if performed with only rich plasma and microneedling will improve your density only if you androgenic alopecia is under control. It will not stop MPB. In a limited study it's more effective than minoxidil.

6) Improper Centrifugation Protocol: Many clinics centrifugate the blood twice to obtain more purity when in reality it jeopardizes rich plasma.

Anyways, there is a lot more to the subject than this.

Find a proper clinic, do your own sessions weekly at home with Trichoxidil and a dermapen. It works for most. 

Dr Couto does PRP on ALL his Spaniard patients on Saturdays and has been doing it for years. It's not a scam.

Would I do PRP? No. 

Would I do PRP with Dutasteride Mesotherapy? Yes.

Edited by mustang
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, mustang said:

1) Your clinic is injecting PRP with PPP, this is used by most clinics. This means that they are injecting both the rich and poor plasma, the second does nothing. This is to maximize profit and reduce cost. Each pipet is apparently quite costly, using just one to have more volume means most of the scalp get's PPP injections which is 80% of the tube. White blood cells and PRP make up the rest.

2) You have a low platelet count: Do bloodwork before doing PRP for a year or two. If your platelets are low this treatment won't work for you.

3) You are not the right patient: PRP is not meant to stop aggressive MPB on the hairline, it's growth factors and reduces inflammation. If you are diffusing thinner or have traction alopecia then you are the right candidate

4) Frequency: Once every 3 months is the norm but derma rolling with growth factors between sessions must be done to maximize effects.

5) Monotreatment: PRP is a complementary treatment that if performed with only rich plasma and microneedling will improve your density only if you androgenic alopecia is under control. It will not stop MPB. In a limited study it's more effective than minoxidil.

6) Improper Centrifugation Protocol: Many clinics centrifugate the blood twice to obtain more purity when in reality it jeopardizes rich plasma.

Anyways, there is a lot more to the subject than this.

Find a proper clinic, do your own sessions weekly at home with Trichoxidil and a dermapen. It works for most. 

Dr Couto does PRP on ALL his Spaniard patients on Saturdays and has been doing it for years. It's not a scam.

Would I do PRP? No. 

Would I do PRP with Dutasteride Mesotherapy? Yes.

Dr.Couto does PRP on his patients in his post op treatment, to help with the healing process and improves the growth factor of the new implanted hair.

From what he told me, doing PRP other than for the reason mentioned above is a waste of money.

It's a waste of money if done to the wrong patient 100%

There is PRP with Acell, there is PRP with Mesotherapy, there is PRP with other cocktails, etc....

I think a complete PRP treatment (not just injecting growth factors) is a great treatment for the right patient provided is he is already on Finasteride

It's not going to stop miniaturization for sure.

Couto does PRP up to 2 years after HT so maybe not only for newly implanted hair.