[HELP] FUE vs DHI, Turkey?

Hi, I am new to this forum and would like to get honest advice/help here. I have done my hair transplant once in India - FUE. The results weren't as good as I expected.

Now my hair is thinning and I need to get my second hair transplant. I am thinking of getting it in Turkey. I came to know about the famous clinics (Hermest, Cosmedica, Dr. Cinik, HLC, EsteNove, etc.) but after reading reviews here I am re-evaluating my options about the right place to do in Turkey.

I still feel it would be best to do in Turkey because it seems to be quite advanced for hair restoration. After reaching out to clinics, I am getting mixed reviews - some suggesting FUE whereas others suggesting DHI.

Note that in my case, I already have some hair in crown and hair needs to be planted in between. Attaching photos for reference.

Any comments/feedback would be much appreciated for the following

1. FUE vs DHI

2. Authentic doctors/clinics in Turkey where doctor actually does some parts of hair transplant surgery (price is not a barrier for me)

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

h3.jpg

h4.jpg

h5.jpg

h6.jpg

h7.jpg

• Valued Contributor
57 minutes ago, ht_trustworthy said:

I still feel it would be best to do in Turkey because it seems to be quite advanced for hair restoration

Turkey is pound for pound the worst place on earth to go for a HT. There's more terrible clinics in Turkey than any other country in the world. "Quite advanced" in what way? None of the best clinics in the world are in Turkey.

58 minutes ago, ht_trustworthy said:

FUE vs DHI

What do you understand the difference to be?

59 minutes ago, ht_trustworthy said:

2. Authentic doctors/clinics in Turkey where doctor actually does some parts of hair transplant surgery (price is not a barrier for me)

If price is not barrier for you, scrub any clinic in Turkey off your list and go to one of the elite surgeons in Europe. And if you're in India, then you have Eugenix on your doorstep.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

A Country doesn't perform surgery but an excellent surgeon can. Forget about DHI vs FUE as it's all just jargon and marketing. Spend a year here on the forum and ask lots of questions doing your research before having surgery. Are you taking medication for your hair loss? You are a Norwood 6 going on Norwood 7 potentially in the future. You need surgeons who specialize in this kind of hair loss otherwise you will only be throwing more money down the drain on another failed surgery due to not educating yourself. Doctors who specialize in advanced hair loss are Dr Dr Sethi, Dr Pittella, Dr Zarev, etc. Take your time and all the best!

• Thanks 1

@Gatsby Thanks a lot for your comment!! I have been reading a lot on this forum since few days and now re-evaluting my options.  It has also highlighted the things going on in Turkey HT industry.

I would like to get the surgery done as soon as possible to be honest. Someone suggested DHI to be better because they said that incisions for channel opening in FUE could damage my existing hair. Is that true? And in my case hair needs to be planted between my existing hair. This got me confused.

Any more doctor recommendations in Turkey or India for my case? Should I still find someone in India as it will be easier for me logistically? I just felt Turkey to be advanced with the Sapphire FUE techniques and all.

• Valued Contributor
4 minutes ago, ht_trustworthy said:

I just felt Turkey to be advanced with the Sapphire FUE techniques and all.

This is another marketing gimmick. Don't make the mistakes I did by jumping out of the pan and into the fire. Spend at least a year researching on this forum. Look at patients who have the same hair loss as yours with results you are after. You have already lost finite, valuable grafts from your previous procedure. Without medication the hair on top will eventually go and your sides have dropped. As you have stated if price is not a barrier then look at doctors who specialize in Norwood 6/7 results. You will have to wait anyway because any good surgeon will be booked out months ahead. There is a reason for this! All the best!

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@ht_trustworthy Fue vs Dhi is just a marketing thing.....so don't fall for that trap..just look at the end results of the doctors you have shortlisted and take your decision based on it rather thn this marketing tactics....you wanna rush for a HT which is not advisable ...actually you still don't have enough knowledge to go for a surgery ...get yourself educated first which will help you very much...understand how HT works and get knowledge about factors affecting in getting a successful surgery...

The first and most important thing is to preserve your existing hairs and for that you need to consult a doctor and get on to medication which will help you with that...be religiously on medication for 10-12 months and till thn you can get more knowledge about HT by being active on the forum and also can search a good doctor for you...i know this is a boring advice bt trust me it will help you immensely...i hope this helps you ...Best of luck...

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Valued Contributor
On 7/30/2023 at 3:16 AM, ht_trustworthy said:

@Gatsby Thanks a lot for your comment!! I have been reading a lot on this forum since few days and now re-evaluting my options.  It has also highlighted the things going on in Turkey HT industry.

I would like to get the surgery done as soon as possible to be honest. Someone suggested DHI to be better because they said that incisions for channel opening in FUE could damage my existing hair. Is that true? And in my case hair needs to be planted between my existing hair. This got me confused.

Any more doctor recommendations in Turkey or India for my case? Should I still find someone in India as it will be easier for me logistically? I just felt Turkey to be advanced with the Sapphire FUE techniques and all.

Your DHI/FUE thing makes no sense. An incision is an incision. If there's space between the hairs to safely make an incision, a good surgeon will be able to go it. DHI vs FUE (there's no difference by the way) is therefore completely irrelevant.

"Sapphire FUE" is not a technique. Sapphire is the material of the blade used to make incisions. There's no benefits to using a sapphire blade verses using a steel blade. Both work absolutely fine, but the hand that uses either is vastly more important.

You haven't done any research otherwise you'd know this stuff already, so to be frank with you, you're not ready for surgery. No sane person should be getting a permanent surgery on their head without first understanding everything about the process, the jargon, best practice and so on. As Gatsby said - take your time. Don't blunder into a surgery before you've developed a fundamental framework of understanding about the surgery.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Well Done 1

• Valued Contributor
On 7/30/2023 at 8:36 AM, ht_trustworthy said:

(price is not a barrier for me)

No offense but if you can't afford the above then you really need to do more research about hair restoration because it's obvious that you haven't (again no offense implied). Without the right knowledge you run a very high and real risk of losing all of your donor with very little to show for it. You have already had one surgery so your donor is already compromised. Your parietal humps are dropping so as a Norwood 7 patient you really need to specialize in only a few surgeons who do brilliant work on these cases. If they are too expensive then I really feel surgery would be a mistake and you would only regret it for a second time. All the best!

• Well Done 1

16 hours ago, ht_trustworthy said:

Unfortunately, Eugenix and Dr. Zarev are out of my list because they are too expensive. Need to find other surgeons with more reasonable costing.

eugenix has different packages..if you cant afford the cheapest version id advice you against doing ht right now because you wont find a good surgeon for cheap money