Scalp Testosterone

jim1973

I'm trying to understand how scalp testosterone affects hair loss (or lack of defense against hair loss).  I had been in oral Fin for a long time but switched to oral Dut hoping to get better results.  My side effects of Dut were increased libido and increased testosterone, even though my DHT was lowered.  Unfortunately I'm losing more hair on .5mg of Dut daily than I was on 1mg of Fin daily.  I have read studies where there could be a link between scalp T and hair loss.  My question is that if I am nuking my serum DHT does that somehow increase my total testosterone and/or scalp testosterone (both have increased)?  And could a topical version of either Fin or Dut work better for me in this instance since I'm losing ground quickly.  

I've been on oral Dutasteride (and oral Minoxidil) since Aug 2022 so coming up on 1 year without any gains and steady losses.  I'm at a loss for what else I can do other than try and decrease scalp T.  If the topical Fin/Dut wouldn't decrease scalp T, what could possibly help (without going systemic)?  

Yes. If you crush your DHT then your scalp free T will be higher.

Look into adding 17A-Estradiol (0.025%) you your protocol to increase aromatase activity on your scalp to reduce Free T. It also will block DHT at your scalp level and it has no feminizing side effects, it's extremely weak (not to be confused with 17 Beta-Estradiol. 

A lof of people order Dutasteride with 17 alfa-estradiol. It's a proven and effective hair loss compound. It's used in Germany on men and women instead of Finasteride

18 hours ago, mustang said:

Yes. If you crush your DHT then your scalp free T will be higher.

Look into adding 17A-Estradiol (0.025%) you your protocol to increase aromatase activity on your scalp to reduce Free T. It also will block DHT at your scalp level and it has no feminizing side effects, it's extremely weak (not to be confused with 17 Beta-Estradiol. 

A lof of people order Dutasteride with 17 alfa-estradiol. It's a proven and effective hair loss compound. It's used in Germany on men and women instead of Finasteride

Do you recommend 17a-Estradiol taken orally or applied topically?  Is there a company that already makes and sense either Fin or Dut with 17a-estradiol already that you know of or do people simply get it compounded?  

17a-estradiol is only given topically

Yes, it can be compounded by any pharmacy

Anagenica has got "Alpha" which has Finasteride 0.01% and 17a-estradiol 0.025% with and without minoxidil, try them