Need help with complaints about my transplant .

I had a hair transplant over a year ago, and overal I’m happy because I’ve got hair. But on the other hand I paid 24k AUD and there are a ton of mistakes with the transplant.

I’ve set up a meeting to talk about my issues and I want to be prepared.

- My main issue is that they used lots of double grafts for my hairline. There’s no line of singles first, it’s just a mix of both. 
- The temples are quite thin with mostly double and triples grafts.

- there’s no imperfections in the hairline, the shape of the hairline is fine but it’s a bit too “perfect” m. There’s no buffers.

- the area behind the hairlines is thinner than the hairline, so now it looks like I’m balding behind the hairline.

I paid a lot of money for a “turkey-like”hair transplant

I would like to get my point across  and maybe explain this in more professional terms so they know what I’m talking about.

• Sad 2

You will need to share some pics with us in order for us to see your concerns.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks for sharing some pics…now look at your paperwork, specifically the surgery contract that was signed by yourself and the clinic…unless the contract specifically states a defined result such as a hairline constructed with solely single hair grafts and a defined level of grafted density that can be measured, things like that, it will be practically impossible to prove any negligence or breach.

And although I do agree with your concerns, there does not appear to be any willful damage or negligence…why  do I say that?…because most jurisdictions define surgical hair restoration as cosmetic surgery which is “subjective” in nature and the outcome can and will vary.

Once you read your contract, you will undoubtedly see that it is worded in such a way that makes it extremely difficult hold the clinic accountable.

• Like 1

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

28 minutes ago, gillenator said:

Thanks for sharing some pics…now look at your paperwork, specifically the surgery contract that was signed by yourself and the clinic…unless the contract specifically states a defined result such as a hairline constructed with solely single hair grafts and a defined level of grafted density that can be measured, things like that, it will be practically impossible to prove any negligence or breach.

And although I do agree with your concerns, there does not appear to be any willful damage or negligence…why  do I say that?…because most jurisdictions define surgical hair restoration as cosmetic surgery which is “subjective” in nature and the outcome can and will vary.

Once you read your contract, you will undoubtedly see that it is worded in such a way that makes it extremely difficult hold the clinic accountable.

They have a natural hairline guarantee. They proposed for me to come in and try to help me. I know they will try and help me. That’s not the point.

I just want to be able to explain myself properly and give them all the details necessarily. What needed to happen to avoid what happened and what can they do to fix it.

Oh, now I understand…they want to help you resolve your concerns.

IMHO, they would need to implant enough single hair grafts between and slightly ahead of where the multiple hair grafts are visually obvious and unnatural appearing.

They also just need to add more density by raising the grafted level to at least a minimum of 40cm2 in the weak areas behind your new hairline…it may take more than that depending what that regrowth looks like.

• Like 1

Gillenator

• Valued Contributor
6 hours ago, Aszebenyi said:

I had a hair transplant over a year ago, and overal I’m happy because I’ve got hair. But on the other hand I paid 24k AUD and there are a ton of mistakes with the transplant.

I’ve set up a meeting to talk about my issues and I want to be prepared.

- My main issue is that they used lots of double grafts for my hairline. There’s no line of singles first, it’s just a mix of both. 
- The temples are quite thin with mostly double and triples grafts.

- there’s no imperfections in the hairline, the shape of the hairline is fine but it’s a bit too “perfect” m. There’s no buffers.

- the area behind the hairlines is thinner than the hairline, so now it looks like I’m balding behind the hairline.

I paid a lot of money for a “turkey-like”hair transplant

I would like to get my point across  and maybe explain this in more professional terms so they know what I’m talking about.

Mate I am so sorry to hear this. Who was the surgeon? If you don't want to share you can DM me if you feel comfortable. It can be corrected and is the most common hair transplant repair request. All the best!

• Like 1

Compared to some of the atrocious cases we have seen, this one has a lot of potential to improve.

• Like 2

Gillenator

Actually, there is a tendency to believe that what we see online is representative of the entire industry of  surgical hair restoration and that’s just “not true”.

What we are not aware of are the hundreds and hundreds of happy and satisfied patients who never share their cases publicly on hairloss forums because they simply want to maintain their anonymity and move on with life.

• Like 1

Gillenator

• Valued Contributor

@Aszebenyiits not too bad and can be made look natural and hear out what your doctor is planning to make it look natural and see what he/she has to offer but how to slipped on so many doubles is a question and if you don't feel confident about them thn you can choose another surgeon....

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Lots of potential to improve his case.

Gillenator