7 weeks post hair transplant results

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to hair your feedback if you have same experience or you know someone who did.

It's been 7 weeks after my operation and my scalp is still red is that normal ? When will this disappear ?

I also feel a little pain on my donor area when I touch it (2/10).

I share with here you some photos 

Thank you 

Screenshot_20230724_102629_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20230724_102537_WhatsApp.jpg

6 hours ago, kiwik said:

Hi, this is nothing unusual, my scalp was red until week 10. Where did you have your HT and how many grafts were transplanted? 

Thanks for the answer.

I did my HT with Dr. Yaman resul 7 weeks ago, I have transplanted 4100 grafts. 

@Marc2021,

Wverything yiu just said sounds completely normal for only 7 weeks.

For example, you are still in the healing phase of your hair transplant.  This means that you could very likely still be experiencing postoperative inflammation/redness in the recipient and/or donor areas, overall scalp tenderness in the areas of surgery (donor amend recipient areas), possible loss or minimization of sensation to parts of or the entire scalp, etc.  

You could also experience shock loss to either the donor or recipient areas.  This includes a temporary loss of some natural hair anywhere surgery was performed.

You will also very likely (if you haven’t already), experience a shedding of most of nit all your transplanted hair leaving your scalp the same or with even less hair (due to shock loss) than prior to surgery.  This often occurs between 4 to 6 weeks after surgery   But don’t worry, the follicles are perfectly secure underneath the surface of the scalp. The shedding that occurs is from the surface of the scalp   

You may also experience what looks like pimples or ingrown hairs on your scalp as the newly transplanted hair begins to grow in. And this usually starts to occur a few weeks before you begin seeing signs of new hair popping through the scalp.

I know this sounds like a lot. But it’s all temporary.  The newly transplanted hair will begin to grow back and pop through the scalp between 3 to 5 months post-op   The hair May start growing in thin, fine and colors but overtime will thicken, darken and mature  and your results will be considered fully grown in between 12 and 18 months.   In between this time, all of your shot hair will return, postoperative information/redness will disappear, etc.  

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transolant

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

13 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@Marc2021,

Wverything yiu just said sounds completely normal for only 7 weeks.

For example, you are still in the healing phase of your hair transplant.  This means that you could very likely still be experiencing postoperative inflammation/redness in the recipient and/or donor areas, overall scalp tenderness in the areas of surgery (donor amend recipient areas), possible loss or minimization of sensation to parts of or the entire scalp, etc.  

You could also experience shock loss to either the donor or recipient areas.  This includes a temporary loss of some natural hair anywhere surgery was performed.

You will also very likely (if you haven’t already), experience a shedding of most of nit all your transplanted hair leaving your scalp the same or with even less hair (due to shock loss) than prior to surgery.  This often occurs between 4 to 6 weeks after surgery   But don’t worry, the follicles are perfectly secure underneath the surface of the scalp. The shedding that occurs is from the surface of the scalp   

You may also experience what looks like pimples or ingrown hairs on your scalp as the newly transplanted hair begins to grow in. And this usually starts to occur a few weeks before you begin seeing signs of new hair popping through the scalp.

I know this sounds like a lot. But it’s all temporary.  The newly transplanted hair will begin to grow back and pop through the scalp between 3 to 5 months post-op   The hair May start growing in thin, fine and colors but overtime will thicken, darken and mature  and your results will be considered fully grown in between 12 and 18 months.   In between this time, all of your shot hair will return, postoperative information/redness will disappear, etc.  

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transolant

Thank you so much, I am gald I asked this question because you gave me a detailed answer, I now know what to expect, really appreciate your feedback.

Do you recommend any type of spray, vitamins and washing shampoo to best take care of my hair ?