Bht to fue overharvested donor repair surgery

Hi friends, around 6 months ago I had an fue of around 2500 grafts with Dr Civas in Ankara. Unfortunately, I did little research and put my faith in the doctor as he seemed very experienced and somewhat reputable. Now, at 6 months, I've had very minimal growth in my recipent area, which I'm not worried about as I know it takes around 8-10 months for results to be visible. However, I am very concerned about my donor area. It seems they've extracted too many grafts and it's now very much over harvested. I have a bht scar repair of around 800 grafts scheduled next week with Dr Laorwong. I'm starting to feel very nervous as I think I have some type of mental trauma from the first surgery. I just need some advice right now please.

1. What do you guys of my donor? 

2. How successful are bht beard grafts into donor scars? 

3. My last surgery was only 6 months ago. Will this cause any complications? 

4. I love my beard and I'm scared it will not have the same aesthetic value after extracting 800 grafts and I won't be able to grow it out. What do you guys think? 

5. Based on the picture, how many available grafts do you guys think I have in my beard? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. You guys don't know the stress I've had to endure because of this. I'm now actually envious of bald men without scars. Thank you. 

Screenshot_20230723-104352_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230723-104348_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230723-104338_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230723-104704_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230723-104651_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230723-104633_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230723-104751_Gallery.jpg

• Valued Contributor

@postman1710I think its fine to do it after 6 months as the donor area this time is different and even the recipient area is different though i can't say how the scare tissues are and some expert opinion would be advisable

No one can tell from pictures that how many grafts can be taken out safely from your beard but usually 800 grafts will not make your beard too sparse and you can grow it again ..still this thing depends on how dense it is...(not in pics)

@AlexMeister21 i think did beard to scalp transplant so you can check it out..he did it with dr laorwong ...i had my surgery with dr laorwong but no bht so i can't tell you about tht particular thing but i have seen his repair work and he has shown me how he repaired scalp donor with bht and all of them which he shown me were good...

Don't be nervous and be confident ...there are tough times in life and you will come out of this with time...you have already chosen your surgeon and going ahead with the surgery so be more confident brother...

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Hi, after seeing your photos at the end of 6 months, there is a sign of over harvesting but still you should give 3 to 4 months more before any conclusion of over harvesting.

Secondly I can see your beard is not dense so taking 800 grafts from less dense beard area --- you will get reduced in density. However, if you do a proper search and your doctor will let you know what will happen after the extraction in the beard area in terms of density or over harvesting. 

Normally, I do the extraction of 1400 to 1800 grafts from the beard in a fully dense beard area under the jawline and neck.

If there is less vascularity in the scar tissue, less chances of grafts growth. It is advisable to ask your surgeon to prepare the graft area with some medications or PRP session a few weeks to months before the scar area. 

Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry

Cosmo Derma clinic 

Lahore Pakistan 

To be honest, 6 months seems a bit early for a donor repair. Some of the hair might still grow back in the coming weeks/months. Do you have any post-op pictures of your donor, taken in the first two days after surgery? 

@A_4_Archan Thank you brother. I've already been in communication with Alex and he's probably the reason why i chose Dr Laorwong. 

@AhmadChaudhry In that case, maybe i can supplement the grafts from other areas in my donor and homogenous it. 

According to both Dr Path and Laorwong, 6 months is enough time to do a bht into the scar, and also enough time to determine if it's overharvested. Even Dr Mwamba was happy to book me in for a surgery at the 6 month mark, but i chose to go with dr Laorwong since Bangkok is much closer to me. I'm not sure if i can wait another 6 months before doing the surgery. I'm just really desperate to get my life back. 

I'll also attach post and pre surgery photos. You'll be able to see the areas that were overharvested. I knew the moment the bandages came off that something was terribly wrong. 

Sadly, I was suppose to be a groomsman twice in September this year and had to cancel both, effectively ending two friendships. Instead, I'll be doing another surgery. It's really sad. 

Screenshot_20230723-190912_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230309-040745_Gallery.jpg

@RTC Appreciate the response brother. I read your post and I'm a little less anxious now. Your donor area is looking great now and if i can achieve similar results, I'll be more than happy. My only concern is the density of my beard. How's your beard looking now? Can you still grow it out and not look patchy or thin?

Thanks again guys. Will keep everyone posted when I go ahead with my surgery on the 31st of July. 

9 hours ago, postman1710 said:

@RTC Appreciate the response brother. I read your post and I'm a little less anxious now. Your donor area is looking great now and if i can achieve similar results, I'll be more than happy. My only concern is the density of my beard. How's your beard looking now? Can you still grow it out and not look patchy or thin?

Thanks again guys. Will keep everyone posted when I go ahead with my surgery on the 31st of July. 

They took from the bottom of my beard (below my jaw), but when grown out it looks almost the same as before I had anything done. They should space out the extractions so nobody will be able to tell anything

@RTC Okay bro, that sounds good then. Like i said, I'll try and get Dr Laorwong to supplement the beard grafts from somewhere else (if possible).

Another question if I may, although the procedure is next week and there isn't a whole lot of time, is there anything I can do to prepare myself and improve chances of graft survivability? Would something like PRP shortly prior to the operation improve chances, or some type of needling, or even just massaging the area? I also read somewhere that fin/min affects beard grafts when implemented. Is this true because it makes little sense? 

• 4 months later...
17 hours ago, Civas Hair Transplant said:

Dear Olive,

Before coming to ur clinic, you had a first hair transplant session of 1000-1500 grafts at another clinic. In January 2023, we performed your second hair transplant session in our clinic.  In our first meeting, you requested 2500 grafts to be transplanted on the back line of the hairline. After our evaluation, we accepted you to the operation because you were suitable for the procedure. Scientifically, the number of grafts that can be harvested in a regular person with a moderate donor area density  is around 6000-8000. In your case, transplanting 2500 grafts in the second session is not a high number that may cause overharvesting because in total 3500-4000 grafts were transplanted from both sessions. In some patients, the healing period takes a long time due to the hair structure and skin structure. We understand that the pictures you have sent upset you, but we want you to know that the healing period is still ongoing. It can take up to 18months to see the full results of a hair transplant procedure. It has been 10 months since the operation. Could you please share your current pictures? We are ready to do our part in case there is anything we need to do to rectify your situation. We also want you to know that it would not be scientifically correct to make any intervention while the healing process is still on going.

The Civas Hair Transplant Clinic Team

Get lost! You represent a hairmill that butchers patients. It’s clear you destroyed this guys donor and now you need to be held accountable.

17 hours ago, Civas Hair Transplant said:

Dear Olive,

Before coming to ur clinic, you had a first hair transplant session of 1000-1500 grafts at another clinic. In January 2023, we performed your second hair transplant session in our clinic.  In our first meeting, you requested 2500 grafts to be transplanted on the back line of the hairline. After our evaluation, we accepted you to the operation because you were suitable for the procedure. Scientifically, the number of grafts that can be harvested in a regular person with a moderate donor area density  is around 6000-8000. In your case, transplanting 2500 grafts in the second session is not a high number that may cause overharvesting because in total 3500-4000 grafts were transplanted from both sessions. In some patients, the healing period takes a long time due to the hair structure and skin structure. We understand that the pictures you have sent upset you, but we want you to know that the healing period is still ongoing. It can take up to 18months to see the full results of a hair transplant procedure. It has been 10 months since the operation. Could you please share your current pictures? We are ready to do our part in case there is anything we need to do to rectify your situation. We also want you to know that it would not be scientifically correct to make any intervention while the healing process is still on going.

The Civas Hair Transplant Clinic Team

If this was schockloss it the hair would have come back 6 months after the procedure, this is clearly an overharvested donor area.

Couple of weeks ago you have also created a thread here posting as a happy patient from the clinic but your name as a poster (Civas Hair Transplant) betrayed you. Get lost, no serious clinic whould do such things.

26 minutes ago, Civas Hair Transplant said:

This is the only account we have created. And this is the first time we are posting on the forum. We have not created a thread posting as a happy patient a couple of weeks ago. If we were posting as a happy patient, why would we use Civas Hair Transplant as our name? If someone posted a thread, it wasn't us. Please stick to facts, thank you. 

And you're sure about that are you.. 

Screenshot_20231208_072132.jpg

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...