Is 9 months enough time between transplants?

I had 4200 grafts in hairline and mid. The grafts starting growing in at month 5 . Since end of month 7, nothing new or even tiny hairs breaking through. Always thought I'd need a 2nd transplant of 2000 or so since the grafts averaged 2 hairs and  1500 were single beard grafts. Will a clinic do 2000 or so after 9 months? Thanks

Yes many clinics will be willing to take your money at 9 months post-op but since you have already made a large financial investment in the 4200 graft procedure, you owe it to yourself to have a microscopic examination of the entire recipient area to ascertain if there are any more new hair coming through…why risk transecting any of the transplanted hair even though the recent months show slowed growth?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Valued Contributor

@SkinnyPete Its fine to do a 2nd session of hair transplant after 9 months if the area to be transplanted is untouched but sometimes you need some implantation and touch up even on transplanted area again so i guess waiting for 3 more months would be worth and even if you are a slow grower than you may see some growth in upcoming months..if not growth the over all density may improve and you and your surgeon can plan accordingly once you get the full results...its just a wait of 3 more months and there is no gain in rushing for the surgery unless you have a specific reason for that....

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023