Hair Transplant in Pakistan

Jay_UK

Hey Guys!

I have been reading this forum recently, and have to say its very helpful and informative. Consequently I also want to make a query. I am thinking of going to Pakistan in the future for hair restoration, as I have family there and know there are good surgeons available there through various research. I know that the community recommends Dr Humayun in Pakistan, and I too am impressed with his results shown by posters here, and particularly on Pakistani cricketer Rana Naveed. However has anyone here heard of Dr Asad Toor, who is based in Lahore? He is supposed to be one of the leading and best hair transplant surgeons in Pakistan and I have seen his results first hand, as two family friends of mine in Pakistan had a hair transplants with him around 3 years ago and the results are excellent, they have also recommended him for me. Therefore, due to this I am inclined to also get hair restoration from him. So does anyone else know about him? Also is he linked in any way with Dr Humayun as, interestingly, both of their clinic websites have the same symbol and both seem to be called "Hair Transplant Institute"?

Thanks and I hope someone can answer my query. I also hope you all get what you're looking for

laterz

Jay

Hello Jay,

Welcome to the forum. I've never heard of Dr. Toor who you mentioned. But my advice would be to play it safe and stick with a coalition doctor like Dr. Mohmand. Of course that is not to say that Dr. Toor (or any doctor for that matter) isn't a good one just because they are not in the coalition. However, it is a safer bet in my opinion to choose one from the coalition. I see you are from the UK, so you should also check out the Farjo clinic in Manchester (who are also coalition doctors). Hope that's of some help.

Hi GTDL

Thank you very much for your comments, trully appreciated. My plan is to meet Dr Mohmand in the future as him being prescribed as the leading doctor in Pakistan on this site says alot. Ill also gain more information on Dr Toor, as the family friends who I was speaking of did a alot of research in this area because they were also doctors. I was leaning towards him because I had seen their results. Yes Im from the UK and ill definately look furher in to the Farjo clinic aswell. Thanks alot again and best regards mate icon_biggrin.gif

No worries Jay, it's a pleasure mate. I haven't had a HT done myself yet (I will be getting it done in November with Dr. Feller, New York) so there are A LOT of other guys on here who know much more about the subject than I do (and they will no doubt give you sound advice like they have done with me). But what I do know is that research is VITAL. Do NOT rush into anything and (the no. 1 rule) NEVER let distance be a deciding factor when it comes to choosing a surgeon. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

Yeah you are absolutely right. I ve had hairloss for a while now since i was about 19 (now am 26), so I have been thinking about hair restoraion for a while and have researched it, and also gained advice from many people. I recently came across this site and I have to say its very helpful in all areas and has also educated me greatly. All the best with your HT in November mate!!!

Cheers Jay

Can I ask you what level are you at on the Norwood Scale? Yeah, you can't go wrong with this forum, it's a huge well of information given the amount of patients and doctors who use it. Don't forget that you can also send private messages to the doctors themselves if you have any questions for them regarding the procedure itself and the scientific end of it. And likewise, you can do the same with other patients if there is a specific patient that you would like to speak to (ie: someone who may have had a HT with one of the doctors you are researching).

Never heard of this Dr Toor, but I would go with Dr Humayun if were u as he s recommended here and i have personally used his services!

1600 grafts FUT Mr May (UK) Sept 1996

https://www.wimpoleclinic.com'>https://www.wimpoleclinic.com

1600 grafts FUT Mr May (UK) February 1998

https://www.wimpoleclinic.com

2475 grafts FUT Dr Mohammed Humayun Mohmand (Pakistan)

27th January 2009

http://www.hti.com.pk

3550 Total Grafts (3000 rear donor area & 400 from beard and 150 breast area) FUE & PRP Treatment with Dr Emrah Cinik (ISHRS), Istanbul, Turkey. 10th October 2017

http://www.emrahcinik.com/

My Blog & Hair loss website story:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1123

Hey Guys,

GTDL im a norwood 5/6, and my donor region, and sides are very dense (top and crown pretty much bald). I suffered hair loss a while ago (from 19 id say) and then it stabilised (much like others in my family), ive been shaving my head for the last few years, but hair is better lol icon_biggrin.gif . Yeh AMR1 Ive read your posts, and read the posts of Abby too, and I know you regard Dr Mohmand highly. I too like his results and am considering him seriously. However I just felt even more insured by Dr Asad because he has been tried and tested by people I know, who did alot of research and had contacts in the medical fraternity in Pakistan. He seems to be popular in Pakistan, as I have also heard his name from others there, his location in Lahore may play a part in this i guess, but Islamabad is fine for me too. This is ofcourse is off-set by the fact that he is not known here and, Dr Humayun on the other hand is recommended on this network and seems to produce excellent results. So ill do a bit more research and also call my contacts again, since I havent discussed a transplant with them for a while. Im still confused why both their websites have the same symbol though, I guess i can ask them this directly lol. Anyway guys I really appreciate you taking out time to reply to me, and I hope u get superb results.

Originally posted by GTDL:

Hello Jay,

Welcome to the forum. I've never heard of Dr. Toor who you mentioned. But my advice would be to play it safe and stick with a coalition doctor like Dr. Mohmand . Of course that is not to say that Dr. Toor (or any doctor for that matter) isn't a good one just because they are not in the coalition. However, it is a safer bet in my opinion to choose one from the coalition. I see you are from the UK, so you should also check out the Farjo clinic in Manchester (who are also coalition doctors). Hope that's of some help.

Correction, he is NOT a coalition doctor but he is recommended on this site. There is a HUGE difference between coalition doctor and a recommended doctor.

I am also thinking of contacting DR Bessam Farjo, since he is in the coalition and here in the UK, but cost might be a factor right now as I am out of uni and not working yet lol, I could see them in the future though. Nevertheless having seen the results of Dr Mohmand aswell, I am impressed with the two doctors I have mentioned, as the work seems top class.

My apologies. I wasn't actually aware of that (rookie mistake Hairdew) icon_wink.gif . I see now that there is a separate area on the site that has the actual coalition doctors listed. I was under the impression that the doctors listed on the 'Find a great surgeon in your area' link were the actual coalition doctors. Live and learn.

And Jay, I appreciate your comment, glad I could help. But one other piece of advice I will give you is don't let the cost have too much of an impact on your choice of surgeon. I understand that money can be an issue with many patients but what I always say is if you can't afford the surgeon you want to go with right now, WAIT until you can.

Yo GTDL,

no worries man we all make mistakes icon_biggrin.gif

I was actually looking towards Pakistan (rather than the UK) and the likes of Dr Humayun/Asad for more than a few years (since 2004 I guess), even before I came across this site recently (and learned much more). I felt safer going there because of the contacts I have there through family and friends (some of whom are quite clued up), and the results I had seen impressed me, This has been reinforced in the case of Dr Mohmand in this site, as his results look very good indeed. I have also seen the results of the Farjo clinic (on here and their site, not in person though) and if you can get par results in Pakistan at a cheaper level then its worth the thought, good economical sense as they say lol. But dont get me wrong, Quality and the results I am looking for come first at all times, they are paramount, as is the case with everyone else here. So I wouldnt make a final decision before I was totally satisfied in all areas. I guess I am lucky though as I have many people helping me, including the good people like yourselves here icon_biggrin.gif

Dear Jay-UK

I would not worry twice if you do choose Asad. He is a safe and good surgeon.

I do reccomend him if people do nopt want to travel to Islamabad from Lahore.

So just relax........enjoy your journey and hair transplant

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

Dr. Mohmand is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Thank you for your post Dr Mohmand, it has been very helpful. Travelling to Islamabad or Lahore is the same for me right now, so I should be contacting you in the future for a consultation icon_smile.gif

cheers

Five years research behind you, wow, that's some major homework you've done mate! I think you should go with your gut in that case. If it's telling you to go with Dr. Mohmand, then by all means do it. We are all different and in turn will 'click' with a certain doctor who we get a good vibe from. And with friends and family in Pakistan, you could have a nice holiday while you are there too. I reckon it's a win-win for you: good doctor, good price and seeing old friends and family. I hope it all goes well for you. Keep me posted.

Thanks GTDL, though I should be more clear, I have been thinking of hair restoration for 5 years, but only researched it properly and seriously in the last year or so (interms of procedures,how good results seem to be, doctors), Before it was just on and off, looking at stuff online, talking to people (In Pakistan and here). It seems in Pakistan there are clinics in every city lol, so its imperative to do research and find out which ones are actually good, (this is where people there have hopefully been helpful) and really in general it seems thats the case in most places now, so this website has been very helpful in pin pointing the actual good doctors all over the globe. Yeah I do think Pakistan would suit me for the reasons you gave. lol though am sure ur gna have a super time in New York!

Yeah dude if I do go through with it in the future ill let you guys know how the results end up. Though, honestly, I am a private person, so I doubt ill have pics up etc or be able to update like others do (ill be working in the future and other commitments). However, if there are any issues I would post here, and if the results were to come as expected id also let you guys know, since any little helps. I really do wish you all get great results! But above all even though hair is important; good health is paramount. So I wish everyone here the best lof health too! icon_biggrin.gif Peace

Btw on a side note, have any of you guys ever contemplated a FUE over FUT?, in the case of a first transplant (if you were seen to be a candidate for the FUE procedure and could get a large amount of grafts etc, this is all hypothetical)or are the ambiguities linked with FUE and the large amount of grafts avalaible with FUT too much for it to be actively considered. I just thought Id throw this out lol

Cheers again GTDL for the info icon_biggrin.gif I also dont mind strip,and will most like get a FUT as it should give more grafts etc, But a friend of mine, also considering a HT isnt too keen on the linear scar or not being able to cut his hair very short, so I said id get further info on FUE. However with all ive found out FUE seems more risky with respect to results and damaging the donor region.

Yeah, absolutely Jay. The strip is definitely more efficient and cost effective and seems to produce better and more consistent results than FUE (IMO). The scar with strip is certainly an issue for some, but in the hands of a good doctor the scar shouldn't be that noticeable. But then again, strip might not be suitable for those who want to wear their hair buzzed down to a no. 1 blade. I guess it's down to what you want to achieve personally, different strokes for different folks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey sorry for the late replay GTDL. Yeah I agree with you, and really if someone wants 2 have their hair very very short, maybe shaving the head is better, or mayb put some nanogen on the scar if hair is a bit longer :P

Btw what would you say is the highest number of grafts one should go for in one session if they have lost alot of hair on the head (top n crown) and hair loss has stabilised. Should one go 3500+? are there any problems with going for a large session? besides a situation where future hair loss could occur, where a person is not very bald.

• 7 months later...

HI Jay, Did you ever get a transplant done? see my latest pics it might help you! good luck, just asking as not seen you on the forum for a long time?

Amr

1600 grafts FUT Mr May (UK) Sept 1996

https://www.wimpoleclinic.com'>https://www.wimpoleclinic.com

1600 grafts FUT Mr May (UK) February 1998

https://www.wimpoleclinic.com

2475 grafts FUT Dr Mohammed Humayun Mohmand (Pakistan)

27th January 2009

http://www.hti.com.pk

3550 Total Grafts (3000 rear donor area & 400 from beard and 150 breast area) FUE & PRP Treatment with Dr Emrah Cinik (ISHRS), Istanbul, Turkey. 10th October 2017

http://www.emrahcinik.com/

My Blog & Hair loss website story:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1123