HI COMMUNITY 

I have done my hair transplant for 4000 grafts to cover the frontal part since one month 1/6/2023

Now I am planning to transplant the crown area with 3000 to 4000 totally  body hair chest and arm since I have good body hair after two months from  the 1st session. 

My question:

Should I wait for at least six month to avoid the risk of  the blood competition that affect the growth for 4000 garfts in the first session. Or I can do it after one or two months since the donor scalp will not be touched and they are totally body hair and there is no issue about the blood competition. 

Note I do not want to risk or affect the growth for the first session and in the same time I want to have full head after one year not to wait for two year to see the final result for a full head. 

Edited by Fego

• Valued Contributor

@Fego Even if the area to be implanted and extracted is different you need to wait atleast 9 months imo....sometimes even a touch up is needed if there is lack of growth at some spots so you can do that along with crown work when you go for 2nd session...

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

24 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

@Fego Even if the area to be implanted and extracted is different you need to wait atleast 9 months imo....sometimes even a touch up is needed if there is lack of growth at some spots so you can do that along with crown work when you go for 2nd session..

OK this is not the issue for me. 

I am talking about the risk of blood competition that could affect survival rate and growth of  transplanted  frontal part 4000. As if I transplanted another 3000 or 4000   on the crown. the blood supply would compete with 8000 instead of only 4000 and this is my question if this could affect the survival rate and growth. 

If there is no issue about the point above. I can do it and after that wait for year and do touch up for the full head include the crown also if needed

Edited by Fego

• Valued Contributor

@Fego yeh many doctors say this thing that it can effect the survivability due to shortage of blood supply but there are many surgeons who are doing giga sessions this days and implant around 7-8k and sometimes even 9-10k grafts at one go and their results are good so this guys are proving that thing wrong...the best person to rely on for this is your own surgeon ...what is his/her opinion according to his/her experience ? Imo Once you choose a surgeon for you than you should go by his/her opinion and expertise and experiences and let your surgeon take a call on this..

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

I did a second surgery 9 months after the first. Unless your doctor is fine with you doing sooner, seems like it's best to wait and let things heal first.

Fego,

You should follow your doctor’s advise, but there is no such thing as “competition for blood” between the new grafts and implanted older grafts.

Most doctors recommend waiting 9 months or more as the recipient areas will overlap (even if only a bit), and you don’t want to damage previously transplanted hair when you are creating new sites. It also gives you time to evaluate the growth from first surgery, and troubleshoot in the rare case it was not optimal.

• Like 1

Medical Director/ Hair Transplant Surgeon at BKS Hair Restoration.

NOTE: All posts are for educational purposes only. It is not intended as medical advice. Please direct all inquiries regarding specific health concerns to your physician. 

• 4 months later...

I waited 10 months then they filled in gaps from first transplant , I get you tho wsiting 2 years in long, but be prepared you might need a 3rd session. I filled in my crown with smp after 1st session and it did the job, also will help with density for 2nd session.

interested to learn about arm hair  to head hair transplant, didn’t know you could do that… which dr do this… have you seen the results of people who have had this done on this forum…