16 Hours Later if HT Procedure accidentally had some Shower Water Fell on Transplanted area.

Hi Guys,

So finally took the plunge of doing a Hair Transplant Touch Up procedure. Had some 500 odd Hair Grafts planted in the Hairline and around Mid-Scalp region. But there was this incident that happened with me which is kind of is unnerving me and I thought let me the community here what do you think if according to you guys does it sound like a potential issue ? which may affect the end result or not ?

So my procedure got over at 5:30 PM in the evening and till about next day 10 AM in the morning all went well, so after about 16 Hours the next day what happened was I stepped in the bathroom not realising that the overhead shower lever was in a working mode and not the below Tap Water. So when I pulled the water Lever some water from the over head shower fell on my head which I think passed through the transplanted area on my Hairline and Mid-Scalp. There was no oozing of blood or no obvious bleeding, also no evident hair graft popping out or getting lose, atleast not to the naked eye. Do you think this incident of shower water passing through the Transplanted area would cause any difference to the end result ? 

Some water passing through the transplanted area that too after 16 Hours ? What I am worried about is not the water which fell but the force of water which could have potentially dislodged the hair grafts. Which doesnt look to the Naked eye. Got it checked with my brother also. Should I be worrying ? If not, why not ? What would have been the case where I should have been worrying about it.

• Valued Contributor

@augustya You are fine my friend ..if grafts would have been dislodged than you would have seen blood on your scalp....they don't get dislodge so easily...so don't worry ...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Dude, you're fine trust me. I had that happen to me sometimes and they dont' really dislodge that easy.

Light touches to your grafts won't make them dislodged, I know this by first hand experience. So long as you don't see blood you're in the clear but of course its best to make sure you protect them as best as you can. 

13 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Dude, you're fine trust me. I had that happen to me sometimes and they dont' really dislodge that easy.

Light touches to your grafts won't make them dislodged, I know this by first hand experience. So long as you don't see blood you're in the clear but of course its best to make sure you protect them as best as you can. 

I know Man ! This is my 4th attempt and even after that these small incidents rattle me. After all it is with so much of passion one gets this thing done.

I was and I am always told by my treating Doctor. The night on the HT Procedure is very critical as the grafts are very loose even a small jerk can dislodge it but the next morning it is a diffrent ball game altogether. Hopefully I was in that Zone where this small fall of water would have not caused any harm. But who knows ? I But I am so pissed off with myself that even after taking so much of care being so much vigilant how the freakin hell did this happen. Uggh !!

Edited by augustya

17 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

@augustya You are fine my friend ..if grafts would have been dislodged than you would have seen blood on your scalp....they don't get dislodge so easily...so don't worry ...

Does that even happens ? Would the oozing of blood would have also happened on the 2nd day ? which I was 16 Hours Later into my procedure ?

Just now, augustya said:

I know Man ! This is my 4th attempt and even after that these small incidents rattle me. After all it is with so much of passion on gets this thing done.

I was and I am always told by my treating Doctor. The night on the HT Procedure is very critical as the grafts are very loose even a small jerk can dislodge it but the next morning it is a diffrent ball game altogether. Hopefully I was in that Zone where this small fall of water would have not caused any harm. But who knows ? I But I am so pissed off with myself that even after taking so much of care being so much vigilant how the freakin hell did this happen. Uggh !!

I know I accidentally very lightly touched a graft by mistake right after surgery. I didnt see any hairs coming out nor blood, it was very light and you wouldnt even notice it.

I Called the doctor and said it was fine. So you should be aswell, I even talked to the nurse the day after and she told me not to worry cause the doctor already checked it and it was fine.

Little things can make us worry I understand, but try to move on from it and think ahead. Once the graft is implanted, it requires a bit of force even after transplantation to be dislodged, its not like its suddently made of paper.

5 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

I know I accidentally very lightly touched a graft by mistake right after surgery. I didnt see any hairs coming out nor blood, it was very light and you wouldnt even notice it.

I Called the doctor and said it was fine. So you should be aswell, I even talked to the nurse the day after and she told me not to worry cause the doctor already checked it and it was fine.

Little things can make us worry I understand, but try to move on from it and think ahead. Once the graft is implanted, it requires a bit of force even after transplantation to be dislodged, its not like its suddently made of paper.

And what about Shower Water falling on it, Can that have any hindrance in the Hair Graft t Growth ! Like because of high Alkaline in water or different. In PH balance or whatever immediately after the Procedure. ? And that can contaminate it ? Which the graft is not ready for it ? 🙂

Edited by augustya

Just now, augustya said:

And what about Shower Water falling on it, Can that have any hindrance in the Hair Graft t Growth ! Like because of high Alkaline in water or different. In PH balance or whatever immediately after the Procedure. ? Which the graft is not ready for it ? 🙂

I think you are overthinking it mate. Since this was in the morning the grafts should have already had some time to start getting attached to the scalp so I doubt it would make any difference. 

Spraying Saline for example contains water so it doesnt really dislodge any grafts, by the same standards the PH balance or watheaver you call it shouldnt really have any effect in your folicles and like Archan said, if you havent seen blood its because youre fine. Just make sure to be carefull next time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGreatPretender said:

I think you are overthinking it mate. Since this was in the morning the grafts should have already had some time to start getting attached to the scalp so I doubt it would make any difference. 

Spraying Saline for example contains water so it doesnt really dislodge any grafts, by the same standards the PH balance or watheaver you call it shouldnt really have any effect in your folicles and like Archan said, if you havent seen blood its because youre fine. Just make sure to be carefull next time.

And by very simple logic had the force of the shower been of any significance it should have dislodged the hair grafts and if it has not that means no grafts have been dislodged isn't it ?

1 minute ago, augustya said:

And by very simple logic had the force of the shower been of any significance it should have dislodged the hair grafts and if it has not that means no grafts have been dislodged isn't it ?

Correct. And since you havent seen any blood that means they are still hanging over your head so chill. :)

3 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Correct. And since you havent seen any blood that means they are still hanging over your head so chill. :)

And what if I throw another possibility in the Mix, what if the grafts would have gotten loose or have dislodged? and there was no blood oozing out then how would I have known it ? That if it has been dislodged or not ? Hair grafts getting dislodged even without a blood oozing out is also very much possible ?

• Valued Contributor

@augustyaThey don't get slim or fat like us that they would have fitting issues...but if you give your head too much of load than they might pop out of anger 😜

Edited by A_4_Archan
  • Haha 2

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

11 minutes ago, augustya said:

And what if I throw another possibility in the Mix, what if the grafts would have gotten loose or have dislodged? and there was no blood oozing out then how would I have known it ? That if it has been dislodged or not ? Hair grafts getting dislodged even without a blood oozing out is also very much possible ?

Unlikely. Once the graft is implanted the body imediatly starts pumping blood to the folicle.

If it gets dislodged then that blood comes out.