Topical Minoxidil Chest Pain

SoSoz

When I started to use topical minoxidil I noticed something strange. Sometimes during the day, I get chest discomfort, when I take deep breaths I kinda feel pain near my heart, when I wake up I get random heartaches that last couple of seconds, or during the day. I've not experienced this before starting minox. When I stopped it the side effects subsided. Is this possible that topical minoxidil can cause this? I heard that there is no chance it will get to your bloodstream. Should I continue taking it and hope the side effects will disappear? 

Edited by SoSoz

• SoSoz changed the title to Topical Minoxidil Chest Pain
10 minutes ago, SoSoz said:

When I started to use topical minoxidil I noticed something strange. Sometimes during the day, I get chest discomfort, when I take deep breaths I kinda feel pain near my heart, when I wake up I get random heartaches that last couple of seconds, or during the day. I've not experienced this before starting minox. When I stopped it the side effects subsided. Is this possible that topical minoxidil can cause this? I heard that there is no chance it will get to your bloodstream. Should I continue taking it and hope the side effects will disappear? 

My understanding is that some minoxidil does go systemic when used topically but that it's a very small amount. 

After a few months of using topical min I got hairs growing out of my ears that I'm 90% sure I didn't have before. I've heard other guys report this side effect. I never applied any topical min to my ears, so I assume the only way this would happen if some is going systemic. 

• Valued Contributor
12 hours ago, SoSoz said:

You heard the wrong thing my friend...topical has the LEAST side effects but it isn't that it has NO side effects and it goes systematic but due to absorption issue the % of drug goes systematic is less compared to oral form and thats why it has LESS side effects comparatively....the side effects you are facing is most probably due to minoxidil because it effects the blood pressure so don't use it if this thing is happening to you and consult a doctor if this thing persist for long...general health is more important than hairs so do take care of this...i hope this helps you ...

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023