General informations, HT advice, best doctors around etc…

Hello everyone. First of all i want to thank everyone who contributes on this forum as it helps lot of people. 
Sorry for my english but ill do my best.

Background: 

I’m 29 and i started loosing hair 5-7 years ago. Dad and uncles are all completely bald.

- i’m wondering if i can do an HT or it’s a waste of time since my genetics sucks? 

- sometimes i tend to do some minor scalp psoriasis. Will this affect HT?

- Is it possible to do HT without taking any medication as second effect scares me also it will affect my training as i go 5-6 days a week.

If i can do HT i’m looking for the best doctors as the donor area is important and i don’t want to waste.. budget is not a problem i will figure out. Can you please recommend? I’m not looking for turkey. 

i will put my current pictures can you tell me what do you think and it i can HT

thank you for your time.

IMG_3466.jpeg

IMG_4342.jpeg

IMG_4341.jpeg

IMG_3472.jpeg

IMG_3470.jpeg

Edited by ZoldikX

1 hour ago, BurnieBurns said:

For the love of all that is good you need to get on medication for a year before even thinking about a transplant... 

i want to avoid medication because of side effects.. i guess you are talking about  finasteride?

9 hours ago, ZoldikX said:

i want to avoid medication because of side effects.. i guess you are talking about  finasteride?

Have you even tried it? The vast majority does not experience side effects. I would never have a transplant if I could not use a DHT blocker. That's like setting yourself up for a bad result, because your hairloss would continue, and you would need to chase it with additional transplants with fewer and fewer grafts available untill you have depleted your donor.

• Thanks 1

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

• Valued Contributor

@ZoldikX Its not that evryone will get side effects from medication so imo you should consult a good doctor and start medication and see how it works on you...though its your wish if you don't even wanna try ...but than most probably you will loose you existing hairs soon and have to plan you HT accordingly...

From your pics your donor is looking very sparse(though pics are deceptive) so imo you should consult a good local doctor first and get your donor checked properly.....

• Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

You will follow the path of your dad and uncles and be slick bald, it's just a matter of when. You can see the pattern going to Norwood 6 most likely with the potential for Norwood 7.

Without finasteride probably the transplant would be a very expensive and long ordeal to get back to where you are now once your miniaturized hair is lost. 

• Thanks 1

ZoldikX I understand you frustration and your desire to fix your problem with surgery. However, your pattern of loss seems to be pretty advanced for your age. I also understand your hesitancy to take medication. I would advise to try topical medications first to see if you are a good responder. You can now get Dutasteride and Finasteride in topical gels. A combination of one of these DTH blockers with topical minoxidil foam might help stabilize or improve your hair's condition with a low chance of side effects.

I would also seek out a dermatologist for consultation. Medication first, surgery second. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ZoldikX said:

Thank you for your reply @asterix0. Taking medication + HT later. will this avoid my family path? 

You can potentially, you never know how a person will respond.

The problem is, finasteride can hold your healthy pre-miniaturized hairs pretty well, but once the miniaturization process starts, it will just prolong their life, but rarely will they be healthy again. When you combine it with minoxidil that is the best chance of success, I personally use both.

It will almost certainly strengthen your donor and make it better suitable for a transplant.

I mean, look the choice for medication is never easy, for myself personally I was going to be slick bald like you, and I thought my life would be more miserable slick bald than the side effects of finasteride, I would be depressed either way. So I might as well try to have hair and give myself a chance.