Can transection for FUE occur in native follicles in a recipient area?

@Searching4truth,

i’m a little unclear about what you’re asking.  Transection could occur at two potential places during an FUE hair transplant procedure.

The first one would be when the follicles are being harvested from the donor area during extraction.  if a surgeon isn’t careful and or is inexperienced, irreparable damage could occur to the follicles being harvests and 

The second time could be while the surgeon is making tiny incisions in the recipient area.  If done incorrectly, natural hair follicles should be transected by the blade entering into the scalp in preparation for the transplanted hair. Clearly, this would be highly undesirable as you would simply be exchanging natural hair for transplanted hairs as the natural hairs would be permanently shocked, due to trauma.

I’ll keep in mind that trauma to the scalp occurs during her transplant surgery just because it’s surgery. But on necessary trauma occurs if a surgeon does something wrong, uses inferior, or outdated tools, or techniques, etc. 

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.