Are these dead follicles?

I had a hair transplant about 3 months ago and started to notice this 2 dots on my recipient site like a month and a half ago, they haven't been growing. I'm wondering, are these grafts that have been placed too close to the surface of the skin? VideoCapture_20230622-100007.thumb.jpg.80abde62cb05f51b0e67800ecf6fc39d.jpg

It can take as long as 4 months for the new growth to break above the scalp line so give it another 5-6 weeks more time to see.

• Thanks 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Valued Contributor

They will most probably grow in sometime..3months is too early as you would have just come out of the shedding phase and most of the transplanted hairs just begun to grow....thats why doctors advice to wait before judging something so soon because there may be such grafts who are left to grow and will start growing in upcoming days...next 6 months where will probably seen the most of the growth...so give it some time...Happy growing and keep updating ...

• Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

@Henry,

If you’ve only had your hair transplant 3 months ago, I would definitely give it more time. There are some hairs that will essentially not shed, and they will essentially not grow either for several months, but then, eventually, they will start growing.  Since new hair growth from a hair transplant typically starts between 3 to 5 months post-op, I would give it several more months before determining what’s going to happen.

I hope this helps 

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

The beginning stages can be the hardest to wait for growth.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY