Photo of the process

Hello friends, I wanted to ask:
Let's say I'm going to do a hair transplant in premium clinics like Juan, Lorenzo, HDC, Bisenga and many other good ones..
Can I ask my girlfriend to be at the entire event from morning to evening to photograph and document the surgery?
It's also for me to have a little souvenir and also for a family that worries and wants to see what's going on..
I'm not talking now about taking a video or standing next to the team hand in hand 24/7, I'm talking about a few pictures every half hour - hour of the main things that go on in the operating room.
I will have personal meetings with some of them in a few months and I don't know if it is nice to ask them such a question - can my girlfriend take some pictures of the surgery?

Oh!! I forgot to ask can she even be in the operating room? sit on a chair to the side?

• Valued Contributor

Some doctors would allow and some won't...so they can only answer to this and not any of us on the forum cause unfortunately they are the owners of their clinics and not any of us ...😅

Though some cool surgeons won't mind it....

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

2 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

Some doctors would allow and some won't...so they can only answer to this and not any of us on the forum cause unfortunately they are the owners of their clinics and not any of us ...😅

Though some cool surgeons won't mind it....

Of course, the doctors are the ones who decide, but it seems to me that there are some here who have already had a HT 🤪 

• Valued Contributor

Haha...yeh many of us had a HT but you don't know if your doctor is cool to allow this or rigid angry man who don't allow anything as such...but you may tell him/her that you want to document the good work of yours so other people can look upto you...😜

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Moderators

Some Drs were more lenient about having someone else in the room before Covid, but since then I think many of them no longer want the extra person there. If you just want some pics at intervals during the procedure you can take them yourself. You'll get a few breaks, so you can simply take some pics on each break. That's what I did and it works out fine.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Valued Contributor

It sounds like a great idea but personally for myself I wouldn't want something like this during my surgery. The risk of distracting or getting in the way of the surgeons and techs may effect my end result. I did a couple of live streams during my first and second surgery but they were done during a break when everyone had stopped.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gatsby said:

It sounds like a great idea but personally for myself I wouldn't want something like this during my surgery. The risk of distracting or getting in the way of the surgeons and techs may effect my end result. I did a couple of live streams during my first and second surgery but they were done during a break when everyone had stopped.

We think alike lol

Thats exactly what I was going to say. Even if the surgeon allows it, are you really going to annoy him, kill his rhythm and jeopardise your surgery even if not quality of the surgery itself but the time that doctor would take to finish it. 

• Like 1

It's a bit of an odd request imho.

It's surgery - the less people there, the better. It's not a day out / holiday that you photograph for posterity but rather an elective medical procedure. 

Im sure they'll look after your girlfriend and make her comfortable in the waiting room/reception. You will have the opportunity to update her periodically, have lunch together etc. I'm sure she can keep the rest of your family updated without blow by blow updates with photographs.

they should allow your girlfriend to click photos during the pre-op and post-op photo session when they themselves click lot of photos during those times and during breaks (lunch/snack break) she can click some pictures again.

in other times just ask them if any of the assistants can click pictures time to time with your phone. Best if any outsider is not allowed in OT.

I also have a lot of questions to ask the doctor before performing the transplant I don't know if it is polite and if he has time to answer everything for me.
What questions do you usually ask your doctor?
These are just a few examples of the questions I have:

1. Can I record our conversation? (The conversation is in English and I don't understand everything or remember everything and every detail is important to me)
2. Show the doctor implants that I think look bad and those that I think look very good - coordinate expectations, and show him that I know what I want.
3. I'm young so it's important for me to be conservative with the amount of follicles.
4. I'm afraid of a low hairline because at an older age, it looks funny in my opinion.
5. Do you/do you think it is possible to do a transplant between my existing follicles to increase density?
6. Can you show me pictures of people who look like me? Explain to me more or less how I will look after the transplant?
7. Will I have to come to you again after the transplant? (It's flights and trips again..)
8. Is a dermatologist in my country relevant or is it better for me to rely on your opinion only?
9. How about Gal for hair styling and hair coloring? Does it damage the follicles?
10. I know you are very busy here, what response am I expected to receive after the transplant? If I have questions?
11. Can you assess my donor area? How many follicles can I extract?
12. I want to make a wide spread of the donor area, is it possible to take both from the back and from the sides? Because I like to cut my hair very short
13. Do you think I am suitable for a hair transplant? Do I have many singles? Doubles? Triple?

Yes, I know these are a lot of questions, but this is surgery and it is important for me to know everything!!!